"Moral Guardians"

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

"Moral Guardians"

#1 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Tell me everyone, what's your belief on moral guardians? For those who don't know, they're the parents who go around saying the majority of things are offensive to their kids, key examples consist of Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty and various other games that really aren't for kids to begin with.

I personally think they should just get off their asses and try and actually raise their kids and stop blaming everything on video games or anime or whatever they choose to blame their own incompetence on these days, I also think Australia should get a R18+ rating for their games because we don't have one due to South Australia's governer-general being a jackass about it.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Ultimarad
Site Animator

Re: "Moral Guardians"

#2 Postby Ultimarad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:40 am

I usually try to avoid these kinds of subjects, but I think these people are a bit stupid. It seems these days it's all about censorship and keeping our children safe from things that are rarely linked to aggressive behaviour.

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#3 Postby SparDanger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:51 am

Lazy parents shouldn't have kids. :feh:
~Sparoku

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#4 Postby Thessera » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 am

I'm personally against R18+ thing and such.
Parents are wrong of course, but children must have own head and brain to think what's right for them or wrong too. :P Being a child is not an excuse at all, children are the same human creatures after all, they're not dolls to play with.

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#5 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am

I was reading up on the controversy Family Guy gets from the PTC. The PTC are basically a bunch of moral guardians who criticise anything that isn't family friendly. You think with all the effort they spend bitching about stuff that clearly isn't for kids, they'd be better parents and try to teach others to be so as well.

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#6 Postby Hari » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Yeah that's bullshit. These people should stop blaming everyone else for their problems and raise their own kids! I recently read that there are people trying to ban pokemon because they think it represents animal cruelty, and that pokemon represent demons. What a load! If you hate the show so much, learn to raise your kids, not let the TV do it!

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi

#7 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:15 pm

It's pretty clear that Family Guy, South Park, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Futurama, King of the Hill and The Simpsons were never meant for kids. Even some of the staff of Family Guy have outright said they know that and don't let their kids watch it.

Most parents these days just don't lnow how to raise their kids and think the media and all that stuff can do it. That's a load of crap, if TV and so forth could raise you, we'd have less stupidity in kids.

Return to “Hangout”