So the world is going to end May 21st huh?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Ultimarad
Site Animator

So the world is going to end May 21st huh?

#1 Postby Ultimarad » Fri May 20, 2011 2:06 pm

That's what I've been hearing in the news, and it's not the first time this has been predicted either.

I think it's worth clearing something up, it's all lies. These people like using the Bible to make their point, but there's usually more in there that they forget about.

Try reading either Matthew 24, Mark 13 or Luke 21, or for the full story, pretty much all of Revelation. But 2 verses in Matthew 24 alone stand out for me. 4: “Don’t let anyone mislead you" and 42: “For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming."

Oops, I guess somebody is going to look pretty dumb when Sunday rolls in, earthquakes or not.

Pokota
Post Mastah General

Re: So the world is going to end May 21st huh?

#2 Postby Pokota » Fri May 20, 2011 2:54 pm

funny how they never seem to read the whole bible.

In any case, as no prophets have died in Jerusalem in the past 72 hours, I think it's safe to say that the world is not ending this weekend.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#3 Postby Jlyons » Fri May 20, 2011 7:14 pm

722,500 days post-crucifixion ((5 x 10 x 17)^2) is the prediction of the end of days? I have my doubts about this. I can name quite a few reasons why, but I think I'll stick with the ones I feel like I can make the strongest argument with:
1. My memory regarding the specific order of the end of days is a bit hazy, but isn't the anti-Christ supposed to make his or her appearance prior to the second coming in order to reveal the false prophet for who he/she really is?
2. The "four horsemen of the apocalypse", or rather, the disasters that they embody, have not affected the world as a whole yet, though I'll concede the greed horseman argument if it's ever made. Then again, the same could be said for any modern era of human existence. Famine certainly isn't world-wide yet. Unless, that is, he's predicting the event that sparks the famine begins tomorrow. It would fit in with the pole reversal theory based on a galactic alignment that's been gaining traction recently.
3. Christ was originally conceived in this world in human form as a baby, going through the same growth as a person as anyone else did. If he's claiming the arrival of Christ within the next 24-36 hours, I'd say you're looking at the same entry into the world as the first coming: as a baby, then growth, and then the realization of reclaiming his status as the true prophet. In essence, the end of the world could NOT happen tomorrow under this circumstance, as it would simply begin the sequence of the end of days, not necessarily that it would be the actual day or reckoning. Also, who's to say that the date was upon his crucifixion date? Why not the third day (Easter)? Why not the day he was born? He also doesn't have the actual crucifixion day. That's a tough sell in and of itself when you can't even give a definitive beginning to the equation itself.
4. The actual formula itself... why square it? Just so it can fit as neatly as possible into the Nostradamus theory? He never explains that part of his equation. I could probably speculate, but I'd rather see it straight from the source before I comment further on that part.
5. Why is this theory just gaining traction so close to the actual day itself, especially with the December 21, 2012 theory being somewhat engrained into many people's minds as the most likely time of the end of days? It seems somewhat convenient for this to suddenly become news so close to the actual prediction.
6. He's been wrong before. But now, suddenly, he's right?

Also, it's not like anyone can actually prepare for the day human life ceases to exist on Earth. It's not like we can all hop on the nearest shuttle and fly to Mars to regroup.

Either way, we'll find out soon enough what's going to happen.

tl;dr: His theory would be more believable if he was claiming that tomorrow would be the beginning of the end of days sequence as opposed to the actual end, but even then, it's still full of holes that need to be addressed.

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#4 Postby Thessera » Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 am

1. End of the World was the most awaited in (years): 33, 99, 666, 900, 1000, 1013, 1033, 1488, 1492, 1584, 1666, 1844, 1899, 1900, 1999, 2000, 2001. It was predicted dosents of times. -3-
2. I know that the number of failed ends doesn't show anything and it's not the fact, that it won't happen this time.
My opinion: if everything keeps going like it is now, we will come to an end of this era now or later. >_>; People will kill each other (another World War), or the Earth will (the way we treat our planet is just terrible).
The only way to keep going for people is to change themselves, if it doesn't happen, then the end of this era will be really terrible. :shrug:
3. The reason why we can be calm this time, is that this predicted end of the World is well known only in USA. People in Europe or Russia barely know anything about it (I've asked people from various european countries I know, and, of course, my friends). Only ones who have good connections with english speaking people know at least something about it. OO;
The next most awaited end of the world is December 21st 2012. That's going to be a real world hysteria. :WHA:
4. I just don't like the fact that mass media is so attracted to this. Of course there must be the reason for doing this. Knowing our mass media, they won't let anyone shout out that much about things that government doesn't need. So, of course they prepare us for something. :ugh:

Spoiler: next awaited ends of the world - 2013 (Ragnarok), 2014 (Huge cloud of cosmic dust), 2016 (Huge flood), 2018 (Nostradamus), 2020 (Newton), 2023 (Nostradamus again), 2027 (Asteroid) etc

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#5 Postby Jlyons » Sat May 21, 2011 11:37 am

My opinion: if everything keeps going like it is now, we will come to an end of this era now or later. >_>; People will kill each other (another World War), or the Earth will (the way we treat our planet is just terrible).
The only way to keep going for people is to change themselves, if it doesn't happen, then the end of this era will be really terrible. :shrug:
The world will clearly end one day, regardless of if humans do it themselves or not. The sun will eventually handle that as it grows into its red giant phase, essentially cooking the entire planet at a few million degrees.

If 2012 goes by and nothing immediate and significant happens though, I do think there's going to be some public backlash against the western religious community as a whole. Plus, anything Nostradamus-related will be shoved right back into the heresy section of public opinion.

Also...
3. The reason why we can be calm this time, is that this predicted end of the World is well known only in USA. People in Europe or Russia barely know anything about it (I've asked people from various european countries I know, and, of course, my friends). Only ones who have good connections with english speaking people know at least something about it. OO;
That's /thread right there.

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#6 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 am

Well, it's almost a month after May 21 and I'm still alive. How about everyone else?
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#7 Postby SparDanger » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Same here.
~Sparoku

Return to “Hangout”