Apparently, Facebook is Serious Business

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

Apparently, Facebook is Serious Business

#1 Postby Jlyons » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Consider this reason #720981 why I refuse to use Facebook: Serious Business regarding Facebook

If someone would just replace Facebook with a kilo of bacon, the world would be a much happier place.

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

Re: Apparently, Facebook is Serious Business

#2 Postby SparDanger » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 pm

O__O;;;
~Sparoku

Pokota
Post Mastah General

#3 Postby Pokota » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:35 am

What's reason number one?

Also, it is a sad, sad day when people go insane over virtual affection.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Jlyons

#4 Postby Jlyons » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 pm

What's reason number one?
The greatest privacy policy in the history of mankind. /sarcasm

Dan

#5 Postby Dan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm

I wouldn't blame this particular incident on Facebook as much as I would blame the boy who killed another boy over his Charizard pokemon card. But, TBH, I agree with you on the privacy thing. I hear they're about to link your status updates to google somehow. That should DEFINITELY be the apocalypse for that website, your facebook/status could be found by ANYBODY and EVERYBODY should you type in the right combination of words (read, " a wide freaking array").
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Jlyons

#6 Postby Jlyons » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I wouldn't blame this particular incident on Facebook as much as I would blame the boy who killed another boy over his Charizard pokemon card.
I'm not blaming Facebook over that. However, Facebook does get more than its share of those kind of people, simply because it's the in thing to do.

Speaking of Google though, yeah, I saw the privacy notice... and I've actually put some thought into even deleting my Youtube account on February 29 and completely swearing off of all Google-based sites (unless absolutely mandated by work, in which case I can tolerate it, even though I won't like it) for personal use.

And I still stand by my earlier statement regarding replacing it with a kilo of bacon.

Pokota
Post Mastah General

#7 Postby Pokota » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Eh, that's just the nature of the internet there. You want information? Just a few keystrokes and you can learn all there ever was to know about Aardvarks.

Personally, this is why I don't post sensitive information about me anywhere on the internet. Yeah, in a few weeks anybody with half a brain and the curiosity could learn pretty much anything they wanted about me - but they already can do that, if the stories about people being fired for posting pictures on Facebook of themselves at a party are any true. Google's just making it absolutely clear that there is no such thing as privacy on the internet. Hell, even just uploading a journal to Livejournal or DeviantArt and marking it so that only you can see it still puts it on someone else's computer.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Return to “Hangout”