What has creeped you out or scared you today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

Re: What has creeped you out or scared you today?

#301 Postby Thessera » Fri May 20, 2011 12:15 am

Half the people I work with looking like they're scared to death about something.

I've got a bad feeling about tomorrow.
Here in Russia we're waiting for the day after tomorrow (because of the time zone) like "at least something GOOD will finally happen" . :U
It's funny to live in country where the end of the world has started long, long ago, so people react to such things not like they're supposed to react in places where people live normally. In Soviet Russia the end of the world is afraid of you.
I'm going on a walk to celebrate it with friends tomorrow ^^
... But, to be honest, I don't believe that something will happen here. :shrug: It's just another try to scare people.
The sad thing about it is that I'll probably oversleep the epic moment, because here it will be like at 6 am. :lol:

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#302 Postby Ultimarad » Fri May 20, 2011 2:36 am

Half the people I work with looking like they're scared to death about something.

Here in Russia we're waiting for the day after tomorrow (because of the time zone) like "at least something GOOD will finally happen" . :U
It's funny to live in country where the end of the world has started long, long ago, so people react to such things not like they're supposed to react in places where people live normally. In Soviet Russia the end of the world is afraid of you.
... But, to be honest, I don't believe that something will happen here. :shrug: It's just another try to scare people.
The sad thing about it is that I'll probably oversleep the epic moment, because here it will be like at 6 am. :lol:
Fear of the unknown, our perception on the universe and our place in it has promoted the idea that the sun and planet Earth will not be around forever, an idea that came from the book of Revelations in the Bible which talks about such an event like the end of the world.

What's so scary about it is that it's an event that may actually happen, even in your own lifetime, it's in the future and you don't know when it will come. It's also an event that will ultimately affect you (duh) and is completely out of your control. Thess is right about how it can be abused to scare people, which is unfortunate because it's not an issue to joke about, what if one day it actually happens?... "So the world will end tomorrow, lol" Next day: "ZOMGWTFBBQ THERE IS A FIERY COMET THE SIZE OF THE MOON ONLY MINUTES AWAY FROM HITTING THE EARTH!!!!" (Just for a wacky example, call me a hypocrite).

For such a major event where specific details are still unknown, where people, even myself, can easily joke about, can be casually dismissed especially because, we don't want to live in fear, we don't want to think about it. Some people will even say it's not really going to happen..............

There was a point I had in mind when I started typing this but I think I forgot what it was, maybe I just can't think of a way to get to one without offending somebody so I figured I would just leave it at that, maybe. Actually I don't even know if it was such a smart idea to actually click the submit button after typing all that of not.

/end random thought of the day. Maybe you should keep your thoughts on this to a PM if you care to post them at all.

On topic: Myself sometimes.

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#303 Postby SparDanger » Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Noticing how thin I am now an how quickly I got thin!

(I'm not anorexic bone thin, don't worry! I'm just used to being a fat-ass!)
~Sparoku

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#304 Postby Jlyons » Fri May 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Fear of the unknown, our perception on the universe and our place in it has promoted the idea that the sun and planet Earth will not be around forever, an idea that came from the book of Revelations in the Bible which talks about such an event like the end of the world.

What's so scary about it is that it's an event that may actually happen, even in your own lifetime, it's in the future and you don't know when it will come. It's also an event that will ultimately affect you (duh) and is completely out of your control. Thess is right about how it can be abused to scare people, which is unfortunate because it's not an issue to joke about, what if one day it actually happens?... "So the world will end tomorrow, lol" Next day: "ZOMGWTFBBQ THERE IS A FIERY COMET THE SIZE OF THE MOON ONLY MINUTES AWAY FROM HITTING THE EARTH!!!!" (Just for a wacky example, call me a hypocrite).

For such a major event where specific details are still unknown, where people, even myself, can easily joke about, can be casually dismissed especially because, we don't want to live in fear, we don't want to think about it. Some people will even say it's not really going to happen..............

There was a point I had in mind when I started typing this but I think I forgot what it was, maybe I just can't think of a way to get to one without offending somebody so I figured I would just leave it at that, maybe. Actually I don't even know if it was such a smart idea to actually click the submit button after typing all that of not.

/end random thought of the day. Maybe you should keep your thoughts on this to a PM if you care to post them at all.

On topic: Myself sometimes.
Actually, I was referring to my workplace yesterday and thinking someone was about to be terminated. Or multiple people. I had no idea this theory regarding the end of the world was circulating, though perhaps that might have something to do with the tension the past couple of days.

Sorry if I freaked y'all out.

Paw

#305 Postby Paw » Wed May 25, 2011 5:44 pm

There was a shooting outside of my school today, and a stray bullet came into my class. One girl was hit with shrapnel but she'll be okay, and other than that, nobody was hurt. We were blessed. But still...

What's wrong with the world?

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#306 Postby Ultimarad » Thu May 26, 2011 2:24 am

There was a shooting outside of my school today, and a stray bullet came into my class. One girl was hit with shrapnel but she'll be okay, and other than that, nobody was hurt. We were blessed. But still...

Dan

#307 Postby Dan » Thu May 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Oh god. I'm glad you're safe. That must be really nerve-wracking for you. To an extent, I know what it's like.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Jlyons

#308 Postby Jlyons » Sat May 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Yikes. I'm glad everyone's ok. That could've easily gone ugly in a hurry.

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#309 Postby Damasca Ramza » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm

The world's always being messed up, it's just more obvious these days.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#310 Postby Ultimarad » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 am

OT:
The world's always being messed up, it's just more obvious these days.
It's never not been obvious, we were just once too young and innocent to see it. Somebody my age for example in 1940 won't be sitting comfortably in their own home in the morning like I am doing right now as I type this, and for that I am grateful.

Dan

#311 Postby Dan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYJ9b1nAKIA

And this came while I searched the word "Altaria" on youtube, in hopes of getting to the episode of pokemon where Ash fought one. Furthermore, the person who posted it claims to have played in a group that sounds like a singer Max likes (Delain).

So, in summary:

Search a pokemon's name on youtube, end up finding a secret video from an old job, posted by somebody who played in one of your friend's favorite bands.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#312 Postby Hari » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Max farting all over the place on Second Life. o.e

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#313 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 am

Point Lookout in Fallout 3. You end up having a drug trip from some fruit and whilst some psycopath is taking a piece of your brain out, you wander around in your psyche. It's creepy as hell. Plus all the inbreds try to kill you and sound like rednecks.

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#314 Postby Ultimarad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 am

Point Lookout in Fallout 3. You end up having a drug trip from some fruit and whilst some psycopath is taking a piece of your brain out, you wander around in your psyche. It's creepy as hell. Plus all the inbreds try to kill you and sound like rednecks.
That creeped me out too, especially when you see "Mom".

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi

#315 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 am

That creeped me out too, especially when you see "Mom".
That was a little creepy, but not overly creepy. For me, it was the wire like substance and me wondering if it'd kill me if I touched it. I didn't try it out. Plus all the Mirelurks, why did it have to be Mirelurks?

Return to “Hangout”