Spacewreck

This is where you put your forum RP's
Please read the RP rules first.
Pokota
Post Mastah General

Spacewreck

#1 Postby Pokota » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 am

(I do have a sort-of story planned out for this)
Captain's Log; June 1, 21XX

We've been drifting for weeks now. Our food supplies are starting to run low. The engines only have enough fuel left for a landing. The nearest planet isn't listed on any star charts, so we have no idea what to expect. I am taking it as a good sign, however, that it resembles the Earth. The crew is restless; if we don't land somewhere soon and at least restock our food supplies, I'll have a full-scale mutiny on my hands.

Captain's Log; June 15, 21XX

Our landing was rough, and not all of us survived. This planet, according to the onboard computer, is a very Earth-like planet. Indeed, when I stepped outside, I discovered that the gravity and atmosphere were close enough to Earth's that my body couldn't tell the difference. If nothing else, we can call this place home until we fix our space ship. The following is a roster of the survivors.
  • Captain Stan (Human Pilot)
EXAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Captain Stan
Species: Human
Job: Pilot
Skills: Observation, Acrobatics, Survival, Repair, Legalese
Available Species:
Human, Furry, Scalie, Avarin, Fungo

Humans (Bi-pedal mammals with minimal hair) get 3 extra skills instead of 2
Furries (Humanoid mammals with a coat of fur) get Survival for free (Furry farmers get an extra free skill)
Scalies (Humanoid reptilians) get Combat for free (Scalie Soldiers get an extra free skill)
Avarins (Humanoid birds) get Acrobatics for free (Avarin Pilots get an extra free skill)
Fungoes (Humanoid mushrooms) only get one extra skill instead of two, but are the only species with access to Psionics (listed as a skill under their skills).

Available Jobs: Librarian, Scientist, Civilian, Politician, Soldier, Pilot, Farmer, Engineer

Select two (3 for humans, 1 for Fungoes) skills from this list (Color means that job gets it for free):
Organization
Mediation

Research
Experimentation

Construction
Industry

Leadership
Legalese

Combat
Strategy

Observation
Acrobatics

Agriculture
Survival

Invention
Repair

HOW SKILLS WORK:
Organization: Makes it easier to locate things in 'Civilized' areas.
Mediation: If two parties are arguing (in-character), you are allowed to be a mediator between the two, to help them come to at least a truce. They do not have to listen to you.
Research: You have the ability to come up with potential innovations.
Experimentation: You can survive otherwise-fatal events... once per event.
Construction: You can build houses, buildings, and roads more quickly than other people can.
Industry: You can manufacture items once you have the materials and blueprints.
Leadership: You are allowed to take command during expeditions into the wilderness, and can go rescue 'lost' expeditions.
Legalese: If two parties are arguing (in-character), you are allowed to stop them. They have to stop for a while if you have this skill.
Combat: You are more likely to bring back MEAT if you go on an expedition. In the event of invasion, each person with Combat on your team increases the odds that you will be the victor.
Strategy: You are less likely to get lost if you go on an expedition. In the event of invasion, each person with Strategy on your team increases the odds that you will be the victor.
Observation: You are more likely to find RELICS if you go on an expedition.
Acrobatics: You are less likely to get lost if you go on an expedition (this has a greater effect than someone with Strategy)
Agriculture: You can generate food for three while in 'Civilized' areas.
Survival: All food brought back from an expedition you go on is Edible. Expeditions with someone who has survival take half as long to return.
Invention: You can turn potential innovations into blueprints.
Repair: You can repair items if you have the materials.

Note: Do try to keep the main thread family-friendly. Nakedness is acceptable as long as it's non-sexual.

Goal:
Have fun in a pseudo-survivalist game.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Yart
enjoys the free Rootbeer

Re: Spacewreck

#2 Postby Yart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 am

wow nobody replied to this?
Name: Tinsle
Species: Avarin
Job: Pilot
Skills: Observation, Acrobatics, Combat, Strategy, Survival

Tinsle, before the voyage goes wrong, is a prisoner and initially an enemy (pirate) who lost a battle against Captain Stan's crew. However, after the wreckage, it is evident that he must co-operate with the rest in order to survive. Depending on circumstances and the way he is treated, he may stab the crew in the back, or become truly loyal.
Is that background ok? I'm totally serious about this. <3 I wanna give a bit of variety and chance for character development/growth. Every good story has some sort of internal conflict/tension.

Pokota
Post Mastah General

#3 Postby Pokota » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 am

Honestly, I'd forgotten about this. I don't think I even have the notes to this anymore :/
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Yart
enjoys the free Rootbeer

#4 Postby Yart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 pm

oh.

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#5 Postby SparDanger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 am

Honestly, I'd forgotten about this. I don't think I even have the notes to this anymore :/
Aw that's a shame. <:/
~Sparoku

OGamma
enjoys the free popcorn

#6 Postby OGamma » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:56 pm

why not give it a fresh start... like plan something else?
- OGamma

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#7 Postby SparDanger » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

why not give it a fresh start... like plan something else?
Because Pokota rarely posts anymore.
~Sparoku

Return to “RP house”