Awesome moments of total ownage

This is where we discuss anything and everything to do with games. Like making games, playing games... you get the idea. *NES *SNES
Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

Re: Awesome moments of total ownage

#16 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 am

Jumping off of a building in Modern Warfare 2 and knifing someone on the way down.
You told me that and if I remember correctly, I said that it was a Ninja Knife.
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#17 Postby Ultimarad » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 am

Bioshock 2, I'll explain before I get to good part...

The ingame resource used for character development is called "ADAM", to get it you need to either "rescue" or "harvest" from "little sisters", but each one has a "big daddy" protecting her. They are very tough enemies and taking them down is necessary to get to the little sister. Unlike the first game, after having your way with a certain number of little sisters (no innuendos intended), a "big sister" will hunt you down, these bitches are so much tougher than big daddies and she will stop at nothing to kill you.

Anyway, just before I was about to rescue another little sister I was thinking to myself, "I bet anything that after this one I'll have to fight a big sister again, joy". So I wasn't surprised when I started hearing her screeches in the distance. So I set myself up in a nice corner next to a friendly turret, set up my own mini turrets and placed some traps.

As I was waiting for her, I started hearing gunfire around the corner along with the distinct noises from the big sister coming from the same direction. I went to investigate, and looking down from the balcony I saw the big sister fighting with a big daddy and 2 sentry drones from my hacked security camera that spotted her, so I started laying waste to her from above and she died pretty quickly, and without laying a finger on me. Easiest big sister fight EVER.

Pokota
Post Mastah General

#18 Postby Pokota » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I thought I smelled a "mine's bigger than yours" contest around here somewhere...

Okay, two of them for today, both from Trickster. To explain: I'm a Speed-focused Buffalo, which means that while I attack that much faster than my power focused brethren, I attack for an equally gimped percentage. Therefore, in PVP I would be equally balanced against an equally levelled and skilled Power-type (Buffalo OR Bunny)

Too bad the damage algorithms don't agree with that. So here I am, in the middle of Caballa Dungeon's secret area (a path that leads to the boss of the dungeon), and I'm surrounded by Chibcha. They're nasty little buggers that can screw with your dodge rate (HV, for some reason).

The mission: Kill 30 in 10 minutes. I had it done in 2. Yeah, Chibcha are cake for most Power Types by the time the Power Type is at my level, provided you can overcome the defense.

The next one was actually a friend of mine. Like I said, I'm a Speed Buffa, so I lack in the damage dealing department. If the defense OR the tolerance of the opponent is too high, I deal 0 damage. Tanya, a level 150 monster that I need to kill, is keeping me occupied. There should have been about six or seven monsters lined up to attack me, what with every monster in the game past a certain point being "Active" (read: territorial Aggro). Any one of those monsters could kill me quickly. Where were all the other monsters that were supposed to be swarming me?

The answer was simple: Princessia (a Bunny that put points towards Detect Ability - which doesn't help power types at all during battle) was keeping them from getting anywhere near me, freeing me to hunt Tanya for her sword.

I'm looking forward to my fight with Don Giuvanni. Then I'll REALLY have something to brag about.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#19 Postby Ultimarad » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am

Playing multiplayer on Bioshock 2, for some reason when people are attempting to hack turrets they never react when you shoot them, easy kills. On one map I found a pretty nifty camping spot next to an ammo pickup and 2 turrets. :twisted:

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#20 Postby Dan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:18 am

Old moment from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I had to face off against a druid. He could hit any of my team members VERY HARD and could even kill a few of them in one turn. So I sent my thief, who is weak but also a mage masher, to hit him so I could soften him up for a finishing blow. She had a 6% crit rate and the battle went something like this: CRIT! *dodge* CRIT!. From that point, I decided to use the thief for the rest of the game.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

T5in
Nublet

#21 Postby T5in » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I'd have to say one moment was in the days shortly after Halo reach's release I was on a team slayer and I was one blue team taking on two reds, they got my shields down and I poped my armour lock biding time as they got behind me for an easy assassination and just as my armour locks failed I turned around quickly and as this guy rushed forwards he missed his assassination and I got him instead and then suddenly the entire blue team comes to the rescue as more reds arrive, I actually recorded it as Counter Ownage if you got Halo reach just go search it up.

Return to “Gaming zone”