Awesome moments of total ownage

This is where we discuss anything and everything to do with games. Like making games, playing games... you get the idea. *NES *SNES
Ultimarad
Site Animator

Awesome moments of total ownage

#1 Postby Ultimarad » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:32 am

Boss will like this one. This is a topic for discussing and sharing any awesome moments you've had whist playing games. I'll start...

Left 4 Dead 2, on realism mode where there are no glows around your team mates so you don't know where they are unless they actually tell you and there is no rescuing team mates after they have died... All 3 of my team mates end up dead after I single handedly killed a tank by setting it on fire, running like hell and getting cornered moments before it finally died, found a health pack and healed up, took down 2 chargers and 1 horde, lasted a full 5 minutes before a second horde killed me, but not before I set off the biggest fire ever.

Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

Re: Awesome moments of total ownage

#2 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:44 am

That's pretty cool on how that happened.

If I remember correctly, a friend of mine and I were doing Horde on Gears Of War 2, just us, and he gets killed at the very start. I go take cover somewhere and one by one the Locust came at me and one by one I killed them. It went on for about 5 to 10 minutes and I eventually got past that entire wave on my own. OO; There was like...... 30 or so enemies to kill. There were times when I almost got killed. Damn Maulers and their frickin' shields...... We were at like, in the 20s where the Locust Hordes would have two upgrades. They didn't get a Damage Upgrade yet or the Kantus' Ink Grenade woulda killed me.
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#3 Postby Dan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:48 am

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Had to fight a boss druid. He could double-hit and kill a few of my team members. Had my rogue go in to weaken him. She had a 6 percent crit rate.

CRIT!
*miss*
CRIT!

Problem solved.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#4 Postby Damasca Ramza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 am

Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia, 'nough said.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#5 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 am

Ahh finally, a place to gloat my Monster Hunting proness. ^^

I had fought with and terminated the Qurupeco today (Giant Wyvern-bird thing) with two other people online. Both of them were using the new Switch Axe weapons while I retained my usual Lance and Shield. After weakening it substantially, the Qurupeco called for back-up, at which the Rathian came to help (Gigantuan rock-hard Dragon thing) which ultimately killed my friends using her fireball attack.

Now this is where it got interesting. I was hoping to hold them off (My shield deflects almost all attacks, except for full body rushes, which, fortunately, both the Qurupeco and the Rathian don't do) until my friends arrived back, but the Qurupeco was limping and tried calling for the Rathalos, which is the bigger version of the Rathian. So I used my Lance dash move, ran right underneath the Rathian, causing it to fall over, and got one awesome jab on the Qurupeco. It fell, almost dead, and I dodged just in time to avoid a nasty fireball from the Rathian, which struck the Qurupeco (xD) and finished it, completing my quest. I hightailed it out of that area and told my friends, who couldn't stop laughing. XD

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Postby Echo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Image Image

Xiaotsu

#7 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 pm

You didn't do that though. >.>

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Postby Echo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Drat, I'll come up with something I've done then.
Image Image

Xiaotsu

#9 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Drat, I'll come up with something I've done then.
xD still a good video though, I saw it a while ago.

Xiaotsu

#10 Postby Xiaotsu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Sorry for double posting again but I had to post this while it was fresh in my head.

So I was playing Monster Hunter 3 (Obviously) and I was taking on the Royal Ludroth, solo.

(My character is about as long as one of it's forelegs.)

So yeah. I encouter it, and get into my defensive stance. The Royal Ludroth charged me, knocking me right off my feet and making me roll back about three times. 'Twas then I realised this wasn't gonna be easy. After a few blows taken and recieved here and there, the thing barrell rolled onto me, flipping me over again. It did this a few more times, but I managed to dodge. I struck at the back, weakening it, and it feld to a new area.

Racing after it, I had to dive into this body of water, as the Ludroth is an aquatic creature. Swimming after it, I found it again, and attacked repeatedly, taking and dealing hits respectively. We did this for about 25 minutes, it moving to a new area when it felt the need. After half an hour of fighting it had moved back to it's nesting grounds.

This is where my skill as a hunter and a Lancer shone through. As I approached it once more, I found it asleep. I rushed for its tail, and in one blow broke it right off, much to my surprise. It roared at me, and I struck upwards, breaking its mane, making it rage with anger. I neatly dodged to the left as it darted forwards and got one extremely lucky strike on it's side that saw it dead. I've never had anything as amazing as that in terms of gaming skill. :3

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#11 Postby Ultimarad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 am

Left 4 Dead 2, playing versus, I ended up on the loosing team, who were getting owned. Every time the tank appeared, I ran circles round it as it beat the crap out my team mates, even in enclosed spaces. I was always the last survivor standing. During the finale, I owned their asses when they were the survivors right at the beginning and we got much further than they did which got us most of our points for the entire game, it wasn't enough to win though, but I still kicked ass.

Xiaotsu

#12 Postby Xiaotsu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 am

What a bunch of pro gamers we all are. :U

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#13 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am

Wiping out most of the Gyms in Pokemon HeartGold with only my starter Pokemon seems pretty ownage to me. XD
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Postby Echo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 am

Jumping off of a building in Modern Warfare 2 and knifing someone on the way down.
Image Image

Xiaotsu

#15 Postby Xiaotsu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 am

Faced the Barroth on Monster Hunter with another Lancer called Soles and a Gunner called Ryven. Managed to kill it, even though Soles died once. I won't spare the details; let's just say it was about as hard as carving your name into solid rock with a toothpick.

Return to “Gaming zone”