Pokemon Black/White

This is where we discuss anything and everything to do with games. Like making games, playing games... you get the idea. *NES *SNES
SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

Pokemon Black/White

#1 Postby SparDanger » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:38 am

Discuss this new addition to the series here! :razz:
~Sparoku

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pokemon Black/White

#2 Postby Echo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 am

It rules. That is all.
Image Image

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#3 Postby Dan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 am

Kicks ass. The animations are awesome, the pokemon variation and new types make things interesting, some of the new pokemon are awesome beyond compare, and the game poses a good challenge. Especially near the end.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#4 Postby SparDanger » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I haven't gotten very far myself, but what I have seen is pretty neat.
~Sparoku

Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#5 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

I haven't played it at all. But somebody over at DA (the same dude that made the Epic Battle Fantasy series over at Newgrounds and Kongregate) said it was the same thing with a little more added to it. O_o
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

LloydTH
*Pokes next poster*

#6 Postby LloydTH » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I think I'm a ways in, but I love the seasons thing on it!

Dan

#7 Postby Dan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:54 pm

I haven't played it at all. But somebody over at DA (the same dude that made the Epic Battle Fantasy series over at Newgrounds and Kongregate) said it was the same thing with a little more added to it. O_o
That pretty much sums up every pokemon game.

ASIDE FROM POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE!!

Well, not really, but the games are really a lot more different. More adult themed elements are in them (e.g. People sticking pokemon feces in their pockets) and then there's the animations. Also, the exp system is changed, it's more like fire emblem, where you kill higher-level pokemon and get more exp from doing so.

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#8 Postby SparDanger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 am

I got my second badge. I'm enjoying the game, though I haven't been playing that much.
~Sparoku

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#9 Postby SparDanger » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Pidove. <3

'nuff said.
~Sparoku

Dan

#10 Postby Dan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:17 am

Pidove. <3
Haxorus. <3

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#11 Postby Ultimarad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 am

I like it, somewhat. The idea of an RPG that will take me 80 hours to complete is starting to sound really daunting, but an RPG that (yes there are plenty new features but) at it's core has the exact same gameplay as all those that came before that will also take 80 hours to complete is probably why I have barely touched my copy of Black since I got it.

I have put more and more hours into each generation as they came out, I put well over 100 hours into Pearl which is the only version I got not just 1, but 3 pokemon to level 100. The idea of topping that this generation puts me right off, which is a shame because it looks awesome. I would certainly enjoy the game a lot better if I was new to the series or if there was some casual mode that made training individual pokemon a lot easier and faster, even if said feature prevented you from filling up the pokedex when catching pokemon.

And that reminds me, Pokemon is all about filling the pokedex, which is getting more and more difficult each time. That doesn't suit my style of playing at all. (Especially when the only way to get some pokemon is to attend events you can't afford to commute to... or cheat, which is also not my style of playing.)

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#12 Postby SparDanger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 am

Pokemon is all about filling the pokedex, which is getting more and more difficult each time. That doesn't suit my style of playing at all. (Especially when the only way to get some pokemon is to attend events you can't afford to commute to... or cheat, which is also not my style of playing.)
That was one of the big reasons why I never did continue playing the newer Pokemon games after Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Hell, I don't even play my copy of white that much either! I only have 3 badges. XD
~Sparoku

Dan

#13 Postby Dan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 am

And that reminds me, Pokemon is all about filling the pokedex, which is getting more and more difficult each time.
No. It's not. Because doing that is COMPLETELY impossible unless you cheat. Literally.

Fari
enjoys the free Rootbeer

#14 Postby Fari » Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 am

If by cheating you mean that you have to trade with other players, then yes! Throh is badass from the start though, so is lillipup. Though I have found it more difficult to play with the grass starter than the other ones, fire seems like the easiest option--especially since (of course) it's another fire/fighting type later in the game. Another thing, I think someone should make a Pokemon autotune if they haven't already xD
Death isn't always cold, sometimes it bids a warm welcome with a hot cup of cocoa and a heating blanket--readying you for a peaceful, eternal rest...

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#15 Postby Ultimarad » Sun May 15, 2011 11:27 am

If by cheating you mean that you have to trade with other players, then yes!
I don't mean that, trading is part of the game. Hacking the game however, is. That's what I was talking about.

Return to “Gaming zone”