Which game should I play?

This is where we discuss anything and everything to do with games. Like making games, playing games... you get the idea. *NES *SNES

Baldur's Gate 1 option 1
14%
Baldur's Gate 1 option 2
No votes
Baldur's Gate 2
No votes
Icewind Dale
No votes
Neverwinter Nights
No votes
Dragon Age Origins
43%
Sims 3 + Late Night
14%
Other (please explain)
29%

Total votes: 7

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#1 Postby Imoen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am

I haven't played a game in like 6 months. Not even Zuma's Revenge or Klax. I'd really like to get back into playing something but I have waaay too many choices. Help me decide which to choose? (If you don't help I might have to throw things at you.)

Baldur's Gate 1 option 1:
Baldur's Gate is my favorite game ever. I have played and beat this game and its expansion pack before. I currently have a game I was already playing and never finished. Option 1 would be finishing that game.

Baldur's Gate 1 option 2:
I also have another character I have already created that I'd like to play the game with. Option 2 would be to play the game with that character.

Baldur's Gate 2:
Like I said above, Baldur's Gate is my favorite game. I've beat the second game but not its expansion pack. I have a character already created for this game that I would play with.

Icewind Dale:
I've never beat this game but I've come really, really close. I was loving this game the last time I played but I didn't choose a very good main character and decided to start over and it never happened.

Neverwinter Nights:
I've never beat this game and I haven't gotten too far into it before. The last time I played I ended up deleting all my saves for some crazy OCD reason.. I was finding the game to be entertaining though.

Dragon Cave Origins:
I didn't get very far into it and barely played it. It seems like a fun game and I've heard really good things about it.

Sims 3 + Late Night:
I just bought the Late Night expansion and yeah.

Other (please explain):
Something else you think I should play? Don't suggest Neverwinter Nights 2, Icewind Dale 2, or Dragon Age 2 as I'd like to play the first games first, thanks.
PI, full of nostalgia

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

Re: Which game should I play?

#2 Postby Jlyons » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:12 pm

I can vouch for both NWN1 and DA:O being nice games, though NWN1 (attempting to withhold spoilers) does get rather cliche after chapter 2, despite the few good moments in chapter 4. I'd definitely recommend DA:O over NWN1, though if you love the D&D universe, you can't really go wrong with NWN1.

DA2 has been getting some really awful user reviews since launch. You might be better off avoiding it short-term. I might get it down the road once the price comes down a bit to see what all the fuss is about, but definitely avoid it for now.

I can't speak about the other games on your list though.

Vote: DA:O

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#3 Postby Imoen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks for the vote you put so much thought into! I'm thinking maybe I should play DA:O also because I should "grow up" and stop playing games that are over ten years old.. its kinda embarrassing when I try to talk to someone about gaming and the most recent game I've played is NWN (besides The Sims 3, which isn't really "gaming" really) and the game I have the most experience with is BG.

Anyway.. do you have a particular class and race you'd recommend? I had started two separate games and was finding the mage to be hard to play (I probably just picked the wrong spells though).
PI, full of nostalgia

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#4 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 am

My vote was Baulder's Gate, option 1. I enjoyed playing it too and can see how awesome it is. You've already got a file...shouldn't take too long to complete considering you've completed it before. Not to mention it'll help you get back into the swing of gaming. :)

Maybe you could help me with my file. >_> I'm kinda lost...8D

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Postby Echo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am

Dragon Age. ;)
Image Image

Jlyons

#6 Postby Jlyons » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Anyway.. do you have a particular class and race you'd recommend? I had started two separate games and was finding the mage to be hard to play (I probably just picked the wrong spells though).
Avoid any mage build as your first character. The two easiest imo are the human noble sword/shield warrior or a dalish elf bow rogue, as both builds will lend themselves well towards all sorts of party flexibility. Both are pretty much straight-forward builds to figure out. Get max lockpicking ASAP if you go with the rogue though, as every successful pick yields exp, but don't drop any points into dual weaponry. You'll need every last point you can get on a rogue, especially once you get your subclasses.

I must say though, a dual tank party (your character + Alistar) is a very nice thing to have in certain mid-game spots. Just make sure you can micromanage both when you're around traps though, or else your entire party will be in a world of hurt.

Dan

#7 Postby Dan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:45 pm

First off, welcome back. I haven't seen you in ages. How've you been!?

Second off, I WOULD suggest pokemon Black, but I remember how you are with console games. So I'm gonna stick with Max and say Dragon Age. Because that game looks deep.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#8 Postby Imoen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 am

After all of your input and all of the votes for Dragon Age: Origins I've started playing Diablo. Yeah I don't know why either. But I am thinking I'll play DA:O next at least!

@Dan, Pokemon Black is on the DS I'm assuming? You should know that I don't have a DS anymore. o: And thanks, I've been mostly good. I'm sorry for going MIA.
PI, full of nostalgia

MrBearToy
enjoys the free popcorn

#9 Postby MrBearToy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:01 pm

My suggestion is trying out Guild Wars.

Check out the official game site here: http://guildwars.com/

GW2 comes out November 5, 2011 but there is a large community still in GW1. The first game itself is separated into four campaigns: Prophecy, Factions, Nightfall & the expansion: Eye of the North. Each campaign range from $7 USD - $15 USD. I believe the Trilogy (Prophecy, Factions, Nightfall) is around $25 USD - $35 USD.

EOTN (Eye of the North) is like $5.99 to $9.99 USD. These values are based on Amazon & Game stores near you!

I unfortunately ran out of trial codes. I believe you can still try it for free on their site but you only have like 48 hours to test out Pre-searing from the first campaign: Prophecy and after you go to Post Searing, then your trial is up.

Anyhow PM me or Linkie for more information!
"Perception Is Reality" - Casey [UNT 07]
Check-out our Gaming Network!

Hostspage
*Pokes next poster*

#10 Postby Hostspage » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 pm

I will give vote to Dragon Age Origins, you should play this game.
Derp.

Return to “Gaming zone”