~*Heart of Gold*~ FlyFF fanfic

:bulletpink:Release your inner artist here!
Drawings, comics, poems, stories and fan fics! They all go in here!

Should I continue this story?

HELL YES! I love this story!
100%
No, you suck at Story writing...
No votes

Total votes: 12

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#16 Postby Ultimarad » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 am

What Jly said. :D

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#17 Postby SparDanger » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:06 am

Wow, glad you guys are enjoying the story so much. ^^

Reply to Chaun: I have no idea. :hehe:
~Sparoku

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

Re: ~*Heart of Gold*~ FlyFF fanfic

#18 Postby SparDanger » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:04 am

Heart of Gold: Chapter three; Birth defects and fights

Disclaimer: I do not own FlyFF, Aeonsoft does. :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I had filled my siblings in on my Nightmares as we walked down to the Duel Arena. Orion asked questions now and then and Mieke didn't say a thing.

After arriving at the arena, we saw a Knight and a Blade dueling there and decided to watch them for a bit. The Knight and Blade were both male and were having a rather heated argument while they were dueling. The Blade had dated the Knight's sister and had dumped her after she had finally agreed to have sex with the Blade.

Needless to say, my siblings and I supported the Knight, who was avenging his sister's honor.

"BASTARD! SHE WAS SAVING HERSELF FOR HER TRUE LOVE AND YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER!" The Knight shouted as he swung his sword at the Blade, who dodged it easily. I ran over and gave the Knight Haste and Cannonball, increasing his attack speed.

"HEY! Don't get involved with our fight, Billposter!" the Blade yelled to me, now having to duck and dodge a lot faster now.

"I'll get involved if I want to!" I retorted, "You did wrong and I'm on the Knight's side!"

"Fucking noble people!" The Blade shouted, dashing for me, "You'll pay for your interference!"

Before anyone of us could act, the Blade hit me right in the chest with the handle of one of his twin swords, knocking the wind out of me. He didn't kill me because he had seen Mieke before attacking again and went to flirt with her. Mieke cast Satanology on him, freezing him in one spot and allowing the Knight to win the duel.

As I gasped for air, my lungs became irritated and I began coughing.

Orion came up to me, followed by the Knight and Mieke. "You okay Spar?" Orion asked.

I managed to hold off the coughing long enough to say, "Y-yeah, fine."

The Knight spoke, "Thanks for your help Billposter. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome.." I said raspingly.

"Are you alright?" The Knight asked, "There is a very good Hospital just north of here."

"Yeah, we know. We just left there." Mieke said, glancing at me.

The Knight's eyes went wide underneath his golden helmet as he picked up on Mieke's subtle hint. He merely nodded and thanked us again as we left.

After a while Orion had asked where we were going. "Don't look at me foo." Mieke said, "Sparrowhawk's leading us, remember?"

"Oh yeah... Where are we going Spar?" Orion asked, feeling a bit foolish.

"Ivillis." I replied shortly, "You guys don't have to come if you don't want to.."

Mieke and Orion exchanged looks that clearly told me they didn't want my poor health to get worse. "We're with ya foo." Mieke said and Orion agreed.

So we headed to Ivillis together.
~Sparoku

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Postby Echo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 am

Um, good and all, but Demonology is a standard attack. :hehe:
Image Image

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#20 Postby Jlyons » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:24 pm

As Link said, Satanology stuns... not Demonology. ;)

Other than that, it looked good. Felt like a filler chapter, though.

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#21 Postby Ultimarad » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Other than that, it looked good. Felt like a filler chapter, though.
I have to agree with Jly, still good though.

Krazybones

#22 Postby Krazybones » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Pues...muchos buenos, porque es muy...se dice "Fast Paced" en espanol.

:D

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#23 Postby SparDanger » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:43 am

Heart of Gold: Chapter four; The Lord and his Knight

I felt really accelerated as I led my siblings into the depths of the Ivillis caves, the thrill of fighting threatened to overcome me. I quickly buffed myself, then began punching enemies at random. Orion healed me and Mieke used her AoE skill to help me out.

We must have killed loads of monsters before I had finally wore myself out. Naturally, I had been the one tanking as Orion was full Int and Mieke had not the Stamina.

After we'd found a place free of monsters in Ivillis, we all sat down to enjoy the meat salads Orion had wisely packed earlier.

I didn't get to enjoy them as much as I wanted, because I had begun coughing again. Mieke looked at me sadly and Orion asked if I was choking on something.

I had only told two people in Madrigal about my "condition" and telling the second person hadn't been my choice. The first person who learned of my "condition" had been Mieke. The second person was Damasca, and he had to demand the information when he'd seen me cough up blood.

My "condition" is actually quite rare, I have under-developed lungs. A birth defect I have to live with my entire life, which may not be long anyway. Whenever I get over excited and start breathing heavily, or I'm in mid-battle, it forces the thin tissue of my lung to rupture, filling the lung with blood.

Then I have to cough it up and out. A painful experience, truly. I never told Orion because I knew he'd freak out every time I went into battle. Same with my guild mates and friends. I didn't want them to worry about me.

Damasca had been rather insistent that I see a Ringmaster about it, but I had declined many times and finally had to force him not to tell anyone, by means of the "Lordship" I had somehow obtained over him, though I have no idea how I got it or why.

Damasca's sister, Adridiana, had also learned of my "condition" when I talked with her one day and she freaked out as well. I had defended her against the Giant Bang and, of course, coughed a good deal after it had been slain.

She had embraced me, crying, and I couldn't pry her off. It was kinda embarrassing, having a crying girl cling to you and having others stare. One level 17 Acro had asked if I was breaking up with her, then he asked her out. That did not go over well for him. Adridiana had slugged him good. I felt bad for him and healed him after Adridiana left.

I had never been very comfortable with being touched for long periods of time anyway. Unless the person was super-close to me. Like Mieke or Orion. Whenever some stranger would tap my shoulder, asking for buffs, I would accidentally break their finger. After such an occurrence I would apologize like mad then buff and heal the poor person.

I looked over at Orion after the coughing had finally subsided and the blood had been wiped away, "Wrong tube.." I mumbled, grinning.

"If you say so..." He said, clearly not buying it.

"So, now what do we do?" Mieke asked, "I'm getting bored foo."

"I-I don't know... You pick our next activity." I said, wiping my forehead. It was tiring, being the eldest and having to be the leader all the time, but I loved it all the same.

"MY LORD! ARE YOU IN HERE?!" A voice shouted. A very familiar voice...

"Damasca?! What are you doing in here?!" I shouted back, "It's dangerous for anyone below level 50 in here!"

Damasca appeared from around a corner, "I-I know my Lord! But I risked it anyway! I need to talk with you!"

My hand met my forehead and I sighed, "Does it have to be now?"

"Yes, my Lord." Damasca said assertively

"Ugh, fine..." I said, feeling exasperated, "See you two later." I addressed Mieke and Orion.

"Bye brother!" Orion waved cheerfully.

"Bye foo." Mieke said, still with the sad look in her eyes.

Damasca seemed to have noticed this as we walked to the entrance of Ivillis, because he grilled me about it after we got out into the sunshine and fresh air.

I didn't answer his questions and tried to ignore him as we walked around. I was annoyed and tired, I wanted nothing more than to go back to Flarine and sleep on my bench for a few hours.

Suddenly, a sharp pain in my chest snapped me out of my grouchiness and I flew backwards a few feet. My coughing began anew and Damasca cried out, "LORD SPAR!"

I looked up to see the Blade who we had helped the Knight defeat earlier, and boy did he look rather triumphant right now.

"I bet you didn't expect to see me again, did you Billposter?" He asked, "Well, I came for revenge! And I think that I have a good plan for it!"

"Oh really?" I answered in between coughs, "And, pray tell, what would that be?"

Damasca tried to attack the Blade and defend me, but his Mental Strike wasn't doing hardly any damage. Becoming desperate, my "Knight" hit the Blade on the back of the head with the end of his wand.

The Blade immediately whirled around, grabbing Damasca by the neck with one hand, the other was holding a sword to his stomach. "You must be overly-noble as well, eh weakling Mage?" He laughed as Damasca tried to fight him off.

Forcing myself to stand, I summoned my Knuckle and shield, charging for the Blade while he was distracted.

"L-Lord Spar! Look out!" Damasca managed to cry out, "Behind you!"

But I hadn't brought my shield up in time to block the arrow that pierced my right shoulder. The Blade had summoned one of his Guildmates to help him out, a BowJester by the looks of her. She wore her blood red hair in pigtails and also seemed to wear too much make-up.

"Well well, trying to attack my Guildmate, are we?" she asked me, twisting the arrow in my shoulder when she'd gotten to me. "My, isn't he a looker?" she asked the Blade.

He huffed as he dropped Damasca to the ground, the Blade obviously didn't agree with her. "He's gonna be our Leader's new "playmate" Elly. As punishment for him helping Adontis."

I didn't like the sound of that, and my fears only worsened when Elly smiled evilly. I could only think of one option to get this whole thing taken care of.

"Damasca! RUN! Get Mieke and Orion out of Ivillis! Contact the Meow guild!" I yelled. The Blade and Elly looked at Damasca now, ready to kill. But I wouldn't let them! I twisted my body expertly, breaking the arrow in half and pulling it out of my shoulder. Then I engaged in dueling the Blade as Elly tried to capture Damasca before he'd gotten to the entrance to Ivillis.

Good thing Mieke and Orion had just gotten out of the cave when he managed to get to the entrance. They both saw him being chased by the BowJester and Mieke immediately took her out with Spirit Bomb. Orion healed Damasca, then Damasca led them to where I was fighting the Blade.

Sadly, I was losing the fight, due to my coughing and lightheadedness. But I didn't have to wait for help. Mieke had PMed Jlyons and he had shown up really fast upon hearing my life was in danger.

Mieke once again froze the Blade with Satanology, then Jlyons took him out with one of his powerful Elemental spells. Barely alive and now carrying his Guildmate, the Blade swore revenge and to kill me in the most painful way possible after his Guild Leader had finished "playing" with me, as he flied off.

Damasca kneeled beside me, pleading to be forgiven and apologizing for being so weak. By now I could barely focus on anyone as my head swam and my chest burned. I blacked out.
~Sparoku

Jlyons

#24 Postby Jlyons » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:53 am

Now THAT'S more of what I expected to see. ^^

And... your "condition"? Based on how you were presenting it, I would've expected that in chapter two (hospital and all), or possibly, waiting until chapter five, after awakening from passing out because of it (or rather, being forced to explain it to someone after coming-to). Other than that, it seemed very well written. It also made chapter three look not so filler-ish now.

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#25 Postby Ultimarad » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 am

I want to know what happens next. D:

Dan

#26 Postby Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:09 am

This is getting good! 8D
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#27 Postby Damasca Ramza » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:42 pm

Personally I like it because of how it shows Damasca's loyalty to his Lord Spar and I want to see more dammit.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#28 Postby SparDanger » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Personally I like it because of how it shows Damasca's loyalty to his Lord Spar and I want to see more dammit.
Heh, thanks DM. ^^

I should have the next chapter up sometime soon. ;)
~Sparoku

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#29 Postby SparDanger » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:07 am

Heart of Gold: Chapter five; Revenge of the Blade

Coldness, and pure dark corridors, the famous Dekane mines. Filled with monsters that could take me out in two hits, but, strangely, the mines were empty. As I walked down to the door that led to the Pink Roaches, or "Pinkies", I noticed a small girl, crying in a corner.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked the poor child, crouching down to her level.

"Better now that your here, Billposter." She said, looking up at me and smiling wickedly. I backed away and tried to summon my weapons, but they refused to come to me!

"Mwa-ha-ha!! Did you really think you could resist me forever Spar?" The girl asked as she transformed into the evil Clown Goddess, Shade.

"What the-?!" I shouted, "H-how!?"

"The GMs don't have nearly as much control over me as they think." Shade told me as she walked towards me.

I tried to run away from her as she approached, but I seemed to be frozen to the spot. As if I had been attacked with Sneaker or Satanology.

Shade seemed amused with my attempts to get away and laughed, "Those Clockworks I sent to kill you in your dreams never were very successful.. Maybe I'll just have to send them into the waking world."

"What?! Why me?!" I asked frantically.

"Because you have power that can seal me away! I refuse to let that happen again!" Shade yelled, but her image faded.
---
I awoke in the last place I wanted to be, Saint Morning hospital.

This time, however, the room was completely empty. No visitors at all. I could only assume it was dark out and that everyone was asleep.

Deciding I didn't want to stay here for the night, I re-equipped myself and prepared to sneak out. I hated Hospitals and never stayed in one for more than 24 hours if I could help it.

Managing to get past the main hallways without being seen was quite easy, until I came to the main lobby. I saw two Mages who were arguing with the desk clerk.

I knew them both very well, Damasca and his girlfriend Amanda. Swearing under my breath, I ducked behind a couch. Luckily, the clerk hadn't seen me as she was preoccupied with Damasca demanding to guard me while I slept. I couldn't help but feel a bit of pride that Damasca cared for me so much.

His girlfriend seemed to have tagged along to make sure Damasca didn't lose his cool. I was grateful. The man was scary when pissed off. VERY scary...

After having called security, the clerk went to a different part of the counter to get a pen, Damasca followed, still demanding to see me. I used this opportunity to sneak out, seeing as how they had all moved away from the door.

I managed to get a few paces away from the Hospital before hearing shouts and shrieks of "HE'S GONE?!" coming from the Hospital. I laughed quietly, boarded my board, and flew for my bench in Flarine. Making sure to land a few paces north of town, I walked towards the area where I usually dwelled, slowly. Checking for signs of Mieke or Orion.

Seeing that the coast was clear, I sat down on the familiar bench and sighed happily, feeling safe, for the first time in a good long while. Brushing my hair back, I shook out my tangles and made a note to take a morning bath. Laying down on the bench, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I only got to sleep for two hours before being kicked in the stomach. "Oof!" I grunted, clutching my new injury and rolling off of the bench to meet the hard cobblestones.

"So, you live on a bench Billposter? How pathetic!" That voice, it had to belong to that damned Blade. I growled as I stood up slowly, "Why don't you just go away and leave me the hell alone?" I asked, feeling tired and rather angry.

"Because you butted in, when I was fighting Adontis. You have to pay for that! And you also attacked one of my Guildmates!" He yelled.

"So?! You almost killed one of my best friends AND my siblings!" I retorted, "I'd say that makes us about even."

"I think not, o feminine looking Billposter boy!" He smiled as I growled at that comment, "What? You do look quite like a girl, my Guild Leader likes girly-looking guys. And I did promise you that you'd get to meet him, didn't I?"

I stood up, summoned my Yakshadain stick and was preparing to buff myself for battle, when the female BowJester showed up behind the Blade. Her arrow pointed right at me. I knew when to admit defeat, but I really didn't want to, so I dashed behind one of the houses and buffed as fast as I could twirl that stick.

I heard the Blade yell to his Guildmates, I guess he'd brought quite a few with him this time, to 'get him'. But I sure as hell was not going down without a fight! I also knew I couldn't take them all on my own, I had to contact my friends and Guildies for help.

But before I could open one window, two Mercs from the Blade's guild had spotted me. I quickly summoned my Yakadain Knuckle and Avalon shield, taking them out with Burst Crack before they could alert the others to my location. But it wasn't long before more of them spotted me! I made a break for the northern exit, hoping to outrun them until I could get backup.

One of their Mercs got me with Sneaker though and I was unable to get away! That Merc looked so happy too, it made me want to punch his teeth in.

After Sneaker had worn off however, I got my wish and took out that Merc. Then the Blade and the rest of his Guildies surrounded me.

I prepared my Burst Crack, "Now now.. I'd say you're in my debt now Billposter. You've taken three Mercenaries from this guild. How many more need to die by your Knuckle?" The Blade asked as I watched the Mercs being ressed by FS assists.

"So? It was in self-defense." I stated, "You all attacked me! I'm only defending myself!"

"Is there really need for such violence?" A calm voice asked the crowd.

A Knight, had to be over level 100 by the looks of him, made his way through the circle of people. I knew he was the Guild Leader when the Blade bowed to him.

"Seriously? I expected better of you Grim.." The Knight said.

"GRIM?!?!?" I yelled, "The same Grim who used to stalk me?!"

The Blade glared at me as he finally recognized me as the assist he had fallen for so long ago, "YOU?! Sparrowhawk911?!"

We then charged for each other, ready and willing to kill at that point. But the Guild leader intervened, using his AoE skill and sending the two of us flying in the other direction.

"I think we've had enough violence for one night, don't you Spar?" He asked me, smiling.

I growled, but put away my weapons. I decided to go peacefully, but I had left a quick memo with Damasca, informing him of my situation and ordering him to get everyone in Meow and AuraKaiser together and prepare for war.

Luckily, no one else had taken notice of my actions. The Knight was now circling me, checking me for injuries and asking if I was alright.

He was making me feel very awkward, but I tried not to show it when I answered him. He may have seemed nice, but something about him was just damned creepy.

The Knight then introduced himself as Ellic and told two high level Psykeepers to escort me back to his 'private chambers'. I had visibly shuddered as he'd said those words. Ellic had asked if I was cold, "Just a breeze." I lied.

Grim knew why I had shuddered though, and he looked very pleased indeed. I made a mental note to make his death very slow and painful as the two Psykeepers escorted me away.
~Sparoku

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#30 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:57 pm

As much as I like this one, you really do need to stop torturing yourself and other characters...
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Return to “Caged Creativity”