What saddened you today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Bella
Has 40 posts?! OMG!!! ^-^

Re: What saddened you today?

#166 Postby Bella » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 pm

My dad's health has gotten a lot worse. It's now basically either waste away or have a surgery with a very low survival rate. Meaning, he will probably die.

The thing that upsets me is that Mom is taking this very hard.

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#167 Postby Hari » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 pm

My dad's health has gotten a lot worse. It's now basically either waste away or have a surgery with a very low survival rate. Meaning, he will probably die.

Oh my god! O_O

This made me sad....

I'm such an ass... here I am whining over my petty problems, yet yourse are so worse. I'm soooo soryy, I really hope things work out, I really do! I couldn't imagine losing a family member. I'm so sorry. T_T *~*

You diserve hugs! :hug: :huggle:

Bella

#168 Postby Bella » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:39 pm

It's okay, Hari. I'm not upset with you in any way and I really appreciate the support.

The truth is that the surgery is extremely risky, but the only option. Dad has had aclasia for years, meaning, his esophogus muscles are weak. He's had dilations over the years to keep it from collapsing in on itself (and keeping him from vomiting all his food), but they don't work anymore.

The only option beyond that is essentially cutting out most of the esophogus and literally moving his stomach upward. It's a last resort surgery and 4 years ago, he nearly died from a lesser surgery. The cause of his disease in the first place? That would be fighting in the Vietnam War.

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#169 Postby Dan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Something hasen't happened yet. But I know on saturday i'll be without my love. And it depresses me. Same thing happened last year with my ex...while I hate her now, it was still upsetting.

I normally don't make a big fuss of Valentines day. It's just another day to me. But then I see everyone else and their partners...watching them laugh together, hug, kiss...and it makes me feel really uncomfortable, because I don't have that. I knew about all this when I entered into a long distance relationship with Eme, but the pain doesn't go away.

I guess...this is true love. *>.>
At least you're not virtually in love with a girl you rarely see...and that doesn't feel the same for you. The worst thing is, I can't seem to just get the hell over it....
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#170 Postby Xiaotsu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Something hasen't happened yet. But I know on saturday i'll be without my love. And it depresses me. Same thing happened last year with my ex...while I hate her now, it was still upsetting.

I normally don't make a big fuss of Valentines day. It's just another day to me. But then I see everyone else and their partners...watching them laugh together, hug, kiss...and it makes me feel really uncomfortable, because I don't have that. I knew about all this when I entered into a long distance relationship with Eme, but the pain doesn't go away.

At least you're not virtually in love with a girl you rarely see...and that doesn't feel the same for you. The worst thing is, I can't seem to just get the hell over it....
I've had that before. So I understand how that feels. :(

I think im'a poke you on WLM.

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#171 Postby Thessera » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Realising that Valentines Day is going to suck big time for me this year. Like it did last year.
Something has happened to Xia? =<
I'm sure this day will be very good for you, because all your friends will give you a big hug! :huggle:
I dont like special days also, they suck for me every year, because person waits something special from me, and finally it ends in a bad way. :(

I upset a friend on WLM when I was joking around, and now I feel like an ass. T_T

Also, I realise that Valentines day is going to suck for me too. I'm kinda used to it though.... just one more Valentines Day alone while everyone goes out with their mate, including my family.... *~*
If it makes you feel any better, I've ditched a guy 4 years ago just right at Valentines day. Not like he was bad, I just didnt love him at all. And when I see other people with their partners, I feel jealous, but I'm sure it's not because I love.
I'm going to be without my boyfriend tomorrow too, because I'm going to university I'm entering this year. They have chosen the bad date, but what can I do. XD It's just a bad luck this time. (or is it a good luck that I dont have to be with my bf? O_o )

If you believe in his death, he will die.
Believe me, I had a lot of experience with that. And never, NEVER believe doctors. :)

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#172 Postby Hari » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 am

Believe me, I had a lot of experience with that. And never, NEVER believe doctors. :)
Yeah, listen to her. Docters tried telling my mom I wouldn't be able to do all sorts of things, but I'm doing one of the things they said I wouldn't be able such as reading and writing, er typing. So yeah, docters can always be wrong, it's human error. Docters are not onimpotent. :P :)

Bella

#173 Postby Bella » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:43 am

That actually makes things a bit more comples
Yeah, listen to her. Docters tried telling my mom I wouldn't be able to do all sorts of things, but I'm doing one of the things they said I wouldn't be able such as reading and writing, er typing. So yeah, docters can always be wrong, it's human error. Docters are not onimpotent. :P :)
Good points, both of you. Thing is that I have a lot of issues because of things he's done in the past - sure, it's still at least partly my fault for being unable to let go, but I have no sense of being able to move on until he does in that sense. So, as much as I try to want him to do okay, I don't. It's for my mom that I'm really worried because she loves him, but I'm not a good enough person to really want him to survive.

Xiaotsu

#174 Postby Xiaotsu » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am

That actually makes things a bit more comples
Good points, both of you. Thing is that I have a lot of issues because of things he's done in the past - sure, it's still at least partly my fault for being unable to let go, but I have no sense of being able to move on until he does in that sense. So, as much as I try to want him to do okay, I don't. It's for my mom that I'm really worried because she loves him, but I'm not a good enough person to really want him to survive.
I think you'd know what i'd have to say on this subject without even having to talk to me. :/

What made me sad today? I couldn't choose No as my answer to the question asked in our profiles "Are you a Human?" D:

I WANNA PICK NO! I r alien. >:3

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#175 Postby Thessera » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:46 am

What made me sad today? I couldn't choose No as my answer to the question asked in our profiles "Are you a Human?" D:

I WANNA PICK NO! I r alien. >:3
*rofl I thought I'm the only person who wanted to answer "No". I'm a furry, but not a human. XD But it saddened me yesterday!

What saddened me today? Failed to finish one thing in time, I'll have to hide 1 hour more after I come back. :hehe:

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#176 Postby Echo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:22 am

Valentines Day.
Image Image

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#177 Postby Ultimarad » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:55 am

Valentines Day.
=<

Xiaotsu

#178 Postby Xiaotsu » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:23 am

Valentines Day.
Same here, man. Same here.

Azure-Wynter;
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

#179 Postby Azure-Wynter; » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:42 am

I start swimming in gym class tomorrow. Not that I absolutely hate swimming, I just don't feel comfortable in a swimsuit no matter what or where I am. Plus there are tons of popular kids who seem to judge too much in my gym class. [Popular kids think I'm really retarded for some reason :ugh:]. And if I don't swim at all, it'll bring my grade down to an "F" for not participating at all for two weeks. I don't even own a swimsuit at the current moment, but my gym teacher is gonna expect me to go out an buy one within the week I'm sure..
Oh yeah. I can't swim. I'm, uh, I think the only one who can't. Which makes matters worse.

I'm just feeling anxious about something incredibly stupid. *>>;
I don't sprite anymore.

Lost interest.

No longer good at it.

Sick of trying.

Paw

#180 Postby Paw » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am

I start swimming in gym class tomorrow. Not that I absolutely hate swimming, I just don't feel comfortable in a swimsuit no matter what or where I am. Plus there are tons of popular kids who seem to judge too much in my gym class. [Popular kids think I'm really retarded for some reason :ugh:]. And if I don't swim at all, it'll bring my grade down to an "F" for not participating at all for two weeks. I don't even own a swimsuit at the current moment, but my gym teacher is gonna expect me to go out an buy one within the week I'm sure..
Oh yeah. I can't swim. I'm, uh, I think the only one who can't. Which makes matters worse.
I would suggest, instead of getting a swimsuit, ask if you can wear a rash guard and board shorts with a swimsuit underneath. Sure, they are swimwear,guys but you'll be more comfortable in that. Plus, it gives you more flotation. :) Not much of a suggestion, but it's worth a try.

Return to “Hangout”