What Made You Happy Today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

Re: What Made You Happy Today?

#1816 Postby Xiaotsu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Seeing Jly on LoL. :D

Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#1817 Postby Jlyons » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Warm weather. No snow. No ice. SANE PEOPLE ON T3H ROADS!
Rawr. ^^

We need to team for a match sometime this weekend. Dibs on Ashe though.

Xiaotsu

#1818 Postby Xiaotsu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am

Warm weather. No snow. No ice. SANE PEOPLE ON T3H ROADS!
Rawr. ^^

We need to team for a match sometime this weekend. Dibs on Ashe though.
We could use some sane drivers over here. The news recently had a story on some thirteen year old who had taken his mother's car and drove it for a good 50 miles on the motorway (equivalent to American highways) before he was stopped. Luckily nothing bad happened.

I used to main with Ashe...I saw from your match history that you're building her correctly, too. Nice work :) But yea we gotta team up sometime. :D

Having a good sleep without having a nightmare for the first time in four days made me happy today.

Jlyons

#1819 Postby Jlyons » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm

TGIF. For obvious reasons. :razz:
I used to main with Ashe...I saw from your match history that you're building her correctly, too. Nice work :) But yea we gotta team up sometime. :D
What can I say... I learn fast. ;) Then again, Ashe is pretty self-explanatory to build: damage, attack speed, movement speed, life leech. Roll mail + extra movement speed if the enemy plays mid hard with heavy gank squad focus. Lane control/farm early, gank/push turrets mid to late, with a touch of foresting whenever you can afford it. That said though, I'm still working out some early-game issues with her, namely damage to farm gold. Smite helps me a LOT in that department early on, especially with boosted exp and automatic +5 gold smite, though, funny story revolving around smite... some smurf account who "has a level 30 account" decided that I was a noob for bringing smite along. Yet apparently, "(smite) didn't help" me carry that same game from the midway point of the match and dominate the mid-lane after I itemed up well enough to carry faster than the rest of the players on either side.

Xiaotsu

#1820 Postby Xiaotsu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm

TGIF. For obvious reasons. :razz:
What can I say... I learn fast. ;) Then again, Ashe is pretty self-explanatory to build: damage, attack speed, movement speed, life leech. Roll mail + extra movement speed if the enemy plays mid hard with heavy gank squad focus. Lane control/farm early, gank/push turrets mid to late, with a touch of foresting whenever you can afford it. That said though, I'm still working out some early-game issues with her, namely damage to farm gold. Smite helps me a LOT in that department early on, especially with boosted exp and automatic +5 gold smite, though, funny story revolving around smite... some smurf account who "has a level 30 account" decided that I was a noob for bringing smite along. Yet apparently, "(smite) didn't help" me carry that same game from the midway point of the match and dominate the mid-lane after I itemed up well enough to carry faster than the rest of the players on either side.
Eh you're gonna get that because Smite is a Summoner Spell used only, really, by Junglers. You're going to get laughed at if you take it and you're laning because there are honestly better spells, like Ignite or Clarity. Other than that, your build is pretty much what I do. I rush attack speed and AD, getting things like Bloodthirster for life steal only if I'm having a shoot-out with another ranged DPS. She's probably the easiest champion to use, and unfortunately does absolutely shit early game. She comes into life at around level 11, provided you haven't died more than twice. If you end up dying like 4, 5 times before its 15 minutes into the game and you havent gotten a single kill...you're pretty much screwed for the entire game unless you kill steal like a boss. Carries are hard to use despite their recommended status.

Talking to my valentine made me happy today. (: I'm so exhausted but I had so much fun today. Haven't smiled so much in a very long while.

Jlyons

#1821 Postby Jlyons » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm

You're going to get laughed at if you take it and you're laning because there are honestly better spells, like Ignite or Clarity.
Personally, I find ignite to be utter trash. Tried it for 2 games a few days ago and got steamrolled by beginner bots in a practice game early before coming back. Other than early harassing, I find no use in ignite. Laning/pushing with smite works better for me. Oddly enough, I find myself in the jungler role at about the midway point of most matches as well, so... yeah. As for clarity, I do find use in it. It just doesn't fit on my bar. Generally speaking, if I die, it's because I couldn't find their gankers in time to escape an ambush. Clarity does not help me in those instances. Except when a Tryn goes Rambo on a lane, but that's maybe 1 out of every 4 games right now. Smite helps me every game.

With that said though, I have been looking at other champions recently. Ashe just got really, really squishy the moment I hit account level 10.

On-topic: Sleeping in today. :)

Xiaotsu

#1822 Postby Xiaotsu » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 am

You're going to get laughed at if you take it and you're laning because there are honestly better spells, like Ignite or Clarity.
Personally, I find ignite to be utter trash. Tried it for 2 games a few days ago and got steamrolled by beginner bots in a practice game early before coming back. Other than early harassing, I find no use in ignite. Laning/pushing with smite works better for me. Oddly enough, I find myself in the jungler role at about the midway point of most matches as well, so... yeah. As for clarity, I do find use in it. It just doesn't fit on my bar. Generally speaking, if I die, it's because I couldn't find their gankers in time to escape an ambush. Clarity does not help me in those instances. Except when a Tryn goes Rambo on a lane, but that's maybe 1 out of every 4 games right now. Smite helps me every game.

With that said though, I have been looking at other champions recently. Ashe just got really, really squishy the moment I hit account level 10.

On-topic: Sleeping in today. :)
Hahah...oh you should see me play. I've killed countless players with Ignite. It's primarly used for people that can heal themselves, because Ignite reduces all incoming and self healing by 50%. It also does 50 true damage over 5 seconds. Thats 250 unblockable damage, just gotta reduce their HP low enough, then bam, Ignite, and run away. Let the burning handle the rest! But this laning Smite...I have to see this, 'cause I've never found Smite useful. I usually take Ghost and Exhaust on Ashe, she desperately needs an escape spell and Ghost does that perfectly. Exhaust is for when im 1v1ing and I need that little extra help. And yeah, the more you start playing with higher levelled Summoners the harder it gets to use Ashe easily. You might wanna look into getting Tristana, or using her when she's free to play, as she works similarly to Ashe in terms of build and playstyle. Tristana is actually better in teamfights, too. Ashe is more for slowing and picking off strays. And Kiting like a boss. :P I've been training up to use Tryndamere, come to think of it...did you know Tryn and Ashe are married? XD If we ever get to play together and you pick Ashe im so being Tryn.

On topic...Rift. Makes me smile when me and my friends co-operate to take down the large bosses. :)

Dan

#1823 Postby Dan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Being able to tell IBM to go fornicate themselves. (not literally and not, entirely, figuratively either, just as a personal sort of thing when I politely told them I have another job).
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#1824 Postby Echo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Being able to tell IBM to go fornicate themselves. (not literally and not, entirely, figuratively either, just as a personal sort of thing when I politely told them I have another job).
*thumbs up*
Image Image

Xiaotsu

#1825 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Xiaotsu

#1826 Postby Xiaotsu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Forum being back up :3

Jlyons

#1827 Postby Jlyons » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Forum being back up :3
^ This.

*retreats back to my secret laboratory* I has plans. <.<

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#1828 Postby Echo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm

3000th post!
Image Image

Jlyons

#1829 Postby Jlyons » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Getting paid. 4 day weekend. GETTING PAID FOR THAT FOUR DAY WEEKEND.

Life is good. ^^

Dan

#1830 Postby Dan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Speaking of work...

Solving a difficult issue at work. :lol:
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Return to “Hangout”