RPG Maker VX Project Saige

:bulletpink:Release your inner artist here!
Drawings, comics, poems, stories and fan fics! They all go in here!
Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

RPG Maker VX Project Saige

#1 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 am

:bulletred: This is mainly for my RPG Maker VX project I'm working on, it'll include screenshots, updates and info, character profile videos, and other tidbits of information I'll be giving out.

Please give me your support and ideas throughout this project plz? :3

This was my 1st video on Youtube showing off my project, well, basally what I worked on mostly at that time, hope you like it, give me some feedback if possible. ^^

Attachments
Saige.png
Saige.png (12.14 KiB) Viewed 20197 times
Yes I'm a gamer, don't believe me? Check out my Backloggery, or my game collection videos on Youtube!

http://backloggery.com/LeoHightower

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

Re: RPG Maker VX Project Saige

#2 Postby Dan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

One criticism:

You may want to make those crows a bit weaker in the HP department. Since they're one of the first enemies you fight, you should make the battles with them short and sweet, because the player probably wants to get more immersed in the game at that point rather than fighting long (well, sorta long, it wasn't TOO long TBH) battles.

Aside from that, the sprite and text image for that character looks damn nice and your game looks like a nice oldschool RPG. Mercia is a fine name as well, just be glad you're not like me when it comes to coming up with names. I accidentally switch the letters and actual countries without realizing it for 5+ months. ._.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#3 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm

One criticism:

You may want to make those crows a bit weaker in the HP department. Since they're one of the first enemies you fight, you should make the battles with them short and sweet, because the player probably wants to get more immersed in the game at that point rather than fighting long (well, sorta long, it wasn't TOO long TBH) battles.

Aside from that, the sprite and text image for that character looks damn nice and your game looks like a nice oldschool RPG. Mercia is a fine name as well, just be glad you're not like me when it comes to coming up with names. I accidentally switch the letters and actual countries without realizing it for 5+ months. ._.

This was a test video back then, I've changed the HP of various enemies and stuff, but I need help on various things really. And, thanks, that means a lot >:3 , it'll be like an anime style RPG in a way. X3
Yes I'm a gamer, don't believe me? Check out my Backloggery, or my game collection videos on Youtube!

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#4 Postby Dan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 am

Let me know what you need help with. I have a little bit of experience with games under my belt and, while I may not know everything, I'll do my best to give you my small pearls of wisdom.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#5 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Let me know what you need help with. I have a little bit of experience with games under my belt and, while I may not know everything, I'll do my best to give you my small pearls of wisdom.
Thank you, I appreciate it! ^w^

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#6 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Here's the video Character Profile for my Main Character and hero of Project Saige, Saige Murayami, and the Written Character Profile on Deviant Art. Hope you enjoy! :D

http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/gal ... 7#/d4bbulq

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#7 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm

I'll be honest, the idea of a wandering swordsman who is as good as their parent/teacher/random guy who saved him from death so he'd get revenge despite being much younger is kind of a cliche. So is the "I'm travelling the world to perfect my skills." angle. Plus the father's backstory from what I see there reeks of cliche as well, since the "He banished a evil demon then had kids." angle is also done. A lot.

If you wanted it graded, I'd give about a C or so. It's not the worst I've heard, but I would definitely suggest working on it and improve on it if you are deadset on that angle.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#8 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

I'll be honest, the idea of a wandering swordsman who is as good as their parent/teacher/random guy who saved him from death so he'd get revenge despite being much younger is kind of a cliche. So is the "I'm travelling the world to perfect my skills." angle. Plus the father's backstory from what I see there reeks of cliche as well, since the "He banished a evil demon then had kids." angle is also done. A lot.

If you wanted it graded, I'd give about a C or so. It's not the worst I've heard, but I would definitely suggest working on it and improve on it if you are deadset on that angle.
Very well if you insist. >_>;

While we're on the subject, if you could anything what would you change about it to make it not sounds so cliche?

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#9 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:35 pm

Here's Reina Mikamura's character profile, hope you like it, give me some feedback on this one if possible, what I could maybe do to make it better or something. :) Also note, her hair is pink, not purple, I'd told people this over a thousand times! :pissed:

http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/gal ... 7#/d4bby94

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#10 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Here's Natsumi Hinomoto's Character Profile, hope you like it, give me some feedback on this one if possible, what I could maybe do to make it better or something. :) This one is oddly short, I blame myself for this one mainly, there are 2 versions of this one, I'll try to post both of then as well as the profile on Deviant Art.

Original One

Audio Changed One

http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/gal ... 7#/d4bc0l2

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#11 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

While we're on the subject, if you could anything what would you change about it to make it not sounds so cliche?
First of all, don't have him to be as good as his father, if he's as good as his father, what's the point of travelling to get stronger when his father is good enough to beat arch demons? It also heavily depends on one question. Can you spin it so it's not a cliche "I want to be stronger, oh noes, evil threat, I must vanquish it, die evil monster!" story? Can you make the audience care what happens to your protagonists? Can you make you antagonists respectable as villains? These are the kind of things that writers of any kind must be able to answer.

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#12 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 pm

First of all, don't have him to be as good as his father, if he's as good as his father, what's the point of travelling to get stronger when his father is good enough to beat arch demons? It also heavily depends on one question. Can you spin it so it's not a cliche "I want to be stronger, oh noes, evil threat, I must vanquish it, die evil monster!" story? Can you make the audience care what happens to your protagonists? Can you make you antagonists respectable as villains? These are the kind of things that writers of any kind must be able to answer.
OK then, v.v thanks for the advice, I'm trying to do my best on this project :? , but sometimes, I question if I actually have the smarts to do this whole thing, if you look at my work so far on it, check out my stuff on my Deviant Art page and tell me what you think OK? v.v

http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi

#13 Postby Damasca Ramza » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 am

OK then, v.v thanks for the advice, I'm trying to do my best on this project :? , but sometimes, I question if I actually have the smarts to do this whole thing, if you look at my work so far on it, check out my stuff on my Deviant Art page and tell me what you think OK? v.v

Don't get discouraged from a guy on the internet criticising your work, criticism is how people improve. Plus it's not like you have to actually listen, I just felt I should give some pointers as a fellow writer.

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#14 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 am

Don't get discouraged from a guy on the internet criticising your work, criticism is how people improve. Plus it's not like you have to actually listen, I just felt I should give some pointers as a fellow writer.

I know, sorry, I guess, I can't handle criticism very well. >_>; But thanks for the advice, if I need anymore, I'll ask you for help! c:

Leon_Hedgehog
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#15 Postby Leon_Hedgehog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 am

Oh, one more thing, take a look at the other character profiles, and give me feedback on those too, if you can OK?

Return to “Caged Creativity”