What saddened you today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Paw

Re: What saddened you today?

#496 Postby Paw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:55 pm

For about half a year, I've had to deal with random, creepy circular rashes on my arms. (It feels pretty much just like dry skin, but it doesn't really react to lotion, it hardly gets better unless I apply it like hourly, which I don't have time to do. :( My brother has the same thing, only he had it for a couple years before me.)The doctor said I'm allergic to soap, and that my family had to switch to allergen-free soaps. Been using them since then, and there's been no difference at all. In the past week, I discovered what is wrong with me, and that I'm not going crazy.
I have a disease called Aquagenic Pruritus. What does that mean? Basically, I'm allergic to water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquagenic_pruritus Yeah, it really sucks. :/ But I'm just going to have to deal with it. There's no way I won't take showers. Well...either I have really bad luck or life just hates me right now. X_X

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#497 Postby Xiaotsu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 pm

For about half a year, I've had to deal with random, creepy circular rashes on my arms. (It feels pretty much just like dry skin, but it doesn't really react to lotion, it hardly gets better unless I apply it like hourly, which I don't have time to do. :( My brother has the same thing, only he had it for a couple years before me.)The doctor said I'm allergic to soap, and that my family had to switch to allergen-free soaps. Been using them since then, and there's been no difference at all. In the past week, I discovered what is wrong with me, and that I'm not going crazy.
I have a disease called Aquagenic Pruritus. What does that mean? Basically, I'm allergic to water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquagenic_pruritus Yeah, it really sucks. :/ But I'm just going to have to deal with it. There's no way I won't take showers. Well...either I have really bad luck or life just hates me right now. X_X
Oh good God...as if you wanted more trouble in life right now. X_X

On the wikipedia site it talks about using allergy tablets like Claritin or Doxpein. I'd suggest using those and see if they do anything for you. I hope you get better. If it's been happen for a long time already then it shouldn't be too long til it's over. >_<

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#498 Postby Echo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Oh my god... I'm so sorry you have to go through that Paw. =( it must be horrible. >_<

Is there anything that can be done?
Image Image

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#499 Postby Ultimarad » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what that must be like.

Paw

#500 Postby Paw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 am

Yeah...it really sucks. :( Unfortunately, there's not much I can do. I can't go to the doctor now because I have to transfer to my dad's doctor, and to do that I need my mom's death certificate, which I can't get for a couple more weeks. For now just have to keep putting lotion on, and hope for the best. I must say, though, the responses to "I'm allergic to water" are very funny. ;) Thanks for your kind words.

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#501 Postby Xiaotsu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah...it really sucks. :( Unfortunately, there's not much I can do. I can't go to the doctor now because I have to transfer to my dad's doctor, and to do that I need my mom's death certificate, which I can't get for a couple more weeks. For now just have to keep putting lotion on, and hope for the best. I must say, though, the responses to "I'm allergic to water" are very funny. ;) Thanks for your kind words.
Anytime, sis. We are a pool of strength for you to wade in. :3

...no pun intended, honestly. :hehe:

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#502 Postby SparDanger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 pm

'cept we won't give you a rash! ;)
~Sparoku

Paw

#503 Postby Paw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:16 am

'cept we won't give you a rash! ;)
XD Thanks, guys. <3

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#504 Postby Imoen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Two of my friends had a falling out and aren't friends with each other anymore. /:
PI, full of nostalgia

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#505 Postby Echo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Two of my friends had a falling out and aren't friends with each other anymore. /:
:( that's sad, I hope things will work out.
Image Image

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#506 Postby Imoen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm

:( that's sad, I hope things will work out.
Thanks.. it doesn't look promising though.
PI, full of nostalgia

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#507 Postby Echo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 am

Woke up my grandma accidentally at 3:40 AM. :(
Image Image

Imoen
Can't seem to stop..

#508 Postby Imoen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I've been feeling down most of the week and I don't know why.
PI, full of nostalgia

Used2beDejil
Is awesome!!!

#509 Postby Used2beDejil » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Like an hour ago, my throat startet to hurt like hell, so now, when I try to drink or eat something, it gets very painful. And when I cough, it doesn't feel like there's anything weird in my throat. I t also just closes up for some reason sometimes. Also, I can barely speak, and when I try, I sound like Frankenstein or something <.<

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#510 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 am

Like an hour ago, my throat startet to hurt like hell, so now, when I try to drink or eat something, it gets very painful. And when I cough, it doesn't feel like there's anything weird in my throat. I t also just closes up for some reason sometimes. Also, I can barely speak, and when I try, I sound like Frankenstein or something <.<
You probably have a cold or the flu or a throat infection, suck on cough drops.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Return to “Hangout”