What pissed you off today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Jlyons
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

Re: What pissed you off today?

#2011 Postby Jlyons » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Ice building up under every bridge in the area after three straight days below freezing. And when you live in an area than considers anything under 50 degrees to be an "arctic storm", imagine attempting to drive to work under those conditions, when most people either treat it like business as usual (read: 90 mph whenever there's not a cop around) or go so bloody slow that they jam up everything, making the entire freeway system and feeder roads shut down.

And, in another defining moment of human intelligence, one driver, after realizing that they weren't going to drive up a bridge going forward... yeah, you guessed it. They put it in reverse and tried to go up that icy bridge BACKWARDS.

On the bright side, I didn't have to drive all the way to work today. Got the call about halfway there that they weren't even going to bother opening their doors today. On the downside though, I did have to drive back... what a nightmare that was.

Random thought: Anyone else think that, for an area that sees snow only once per decade, and icy bridges during rush hour traffic even less frequently than that, 800-ish accidents for the entire area seems kinda low, all things considered?

Dan

#2012 Postby Dan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 am

Random thought: Anyone else think that, for an area that sees snow only once per decade, and icy bridges during rush hour traffic even less frequently than that, 800-ish accidents for the entire area seems kinda low, all things considered?
800-ish accidents!? O________________O

We get crippling amounts of snow about once a year here in Maryland, but I've never heard of that many accidents at once...
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Jlyons

#2013 Postby Jlyons » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 pm

800-ish accidents!? O________________O

We get crippling amounts of snow about once a year here in Maryland, but I've never heard of that many accidents at once...
Remember, our entire state (Texas) practically shuts down once the first flake of snow drops and the first crystal of ice freezes. Our idea of "crippling snow" is a single snowflake. But yes, they were reporting 800+ accidents overall on Friday in my entire area. Not cars. Accidents. My guess is at least 1000 vehicles were involved. The largest wreck I heard about was a domino-effect style 12 car wreck.

And yes, I still stand by my earlier thought... I still feel like that's low, all things considered.

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#2014 Postby Thessera » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 am

My computer is dying. I might not be able to turn it on again, now I'm just lucky I made it work for 1 more day. :\

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#2015 Postby Xiaotsu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 am

My computer is dying. I might not be able to turn it on again, now I'm just lucky I made it work for 1 more day. :\
I know that feeling. ): Sorry Thess, I hope it's a fixable problem...?

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#2016 Postby SparDanger » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 am

What a shame! *~*
~Sparoku

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#2017 Postby Thessera » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 am

Well, I tried fixing it, but I still have problems with turning it on, nothing helps. :( It's not going to work in few days. T_T

Good news: one of my friends said she might gift me one of her old computers, because she doesn't need them anymore and they only take place in her room. O_O So I might get even one for free. TuT With webcam and microphone, which means skype and video/audio conversations in MSN. <3

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#2018 Postby Echo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 am

Well, I tried fixing it, but I still have problems with turning it on, nothing helps. :( It's not going to work in few days. T_T

Good news: one of my friends said she might gift me one of her old computers, because she doesn't need them anymore and they only take place in her room. O_O So I might get even one for free. TuT With webcam and microphone, which means skype and video/audio conversations in MSN. <3
Try replacing the power supply.
Image Image

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#2019 Postby Thessera » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Try replacing the power supply.
I have already tried that. The video card is just dying, it works from time to time. OO;

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#2020 Postby Echo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Replace the video card then.
Image Image

Thessera
Can't seem to stop..

#2021 Postby Thessera » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Replace the video card then.
Motherboard is going to die soon too, because too much things are not working properly for such a long time (3 months) XD All USB's are already dead, so is the mouse, and now BIOS started dying, I even tried reinstalling it, but it's no use at all, like the section with BIOS dies slowly >_<. I have to unplug computer from power for about 30 minutes to make it make a beep at the very beginning xD Video Card is just the first one to die, it shows image only from time to time .3. It will be cheaper to get a new computer than getting this one repaired, there will be no use of new video card, if motherboard dies soon too.

Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#2022 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 am

Missed a Kiriban that I REALLY wanted to get by 49 fucking pageviews........
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#2023 Postby SparDanger » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am

Got a cold.
~Sparoku

Jlyons

#2024 Postby Jlyons » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Going 10-1-24 in a League of Legends 5v5 match as Nunu... and losing. AND only one turret taken down the entire match. <.<

The one annoyance I have about tanking as an off-tank: you're totally reliant on teammates to utilize what you bring to the table, ie a Fiddlesticks thinking he can tank a Tryn with me throwing slows at him for 10 seconds straight while he doesn't have endless rage on, thinking Fiddle would actually grow a brain and run. And yet, I'm the noob, multiple times over, according to that Fiddle.

Cue world's smallest violin.

Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

#2025 Postby Xiaotsu » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 am

Going 10-1-24 in a League of Legends 5v5 match as Nunu... and losing. AND only one turret taken down the entire match. <.<

The one annoyance I have about tanking as an off-tank: you're totally reliant on teammates to utilize what you bring to the table, ie a Fiddlesticks thinking he can tank a Tryn with me throwing slows at him for 10 seconds straight while he doesn't have endless rage on, thinking Fiddle would actually grow a brain and run. And yet, I'm the noob, multiple times over, according to that Fiddle.

Cue world's smallest violin.
I've lost many matches thanks to noobs liek that, too. It's unfortunate that you can't win a game of LoL by yourself. Fiddles is supposed to be easy mode, too...you wait in a bush, hit R, then Q, then drain with W...

Wou du shu dehaiwan juu. -.-

Return to “Hangout”