What Made You Happy Today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#106 Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:16 pm

Made it to level 73 on flyff.
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Jlyons

#107 Postby Jlyons » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Technically not today, but yesterday... I learned not only how to turn a knight build merc into a viable leveling machine without requiring plvls, I learned it's capable of giant hunting without help quite well in the early stages of the game.
Do elaborate.
Push sta to ~60, then start pushing str hard until it's at least 50.

First, max out keenwheel, and take that opening strike (forgot what it's called off the top of my head) to no less than 10. Then, start pushing your masteries until they're maxed. After that, if you're sitting on a ton of cards, max empower weapon. Otherwise, just go ahead and max out that opening strike to the combo.

Use a two skill combo: the opening strike for keenwheel, then keenwheel.
Hotkey that opening strike for when your action slot is depleted. It'll give you offense while you're waiting for your action slot to recharge.

Oh, and one more thing: bring either star candies, ice cream cakes, steamed seafood, or meat salads for giants. You'll need them for rage mode. Otherwise, on-level food will do just fine.

I started gianting solo at level 28 on the giant mia with this strategy. Just watch out for the skill locks... those can be annoying to deal with.

Oh, and I'd also recommend fighting within 3-4 levels of yourself until about level 40. Otherwise, expect long, drawn out fights with lots of fp pot chugging... then again, you'll be chugging fp pots anyway. But your killing efficiency will drop considerably if you go outside of that range.

Currently, my knight-build merc is about to test the giant jack the hammer. It can already rip through the giant red mantis with ease.

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#108 Postby Echo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:36 am

Oh you sonuva.........
Image Image

Jlyons

#109 Postby Jlyons » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:10 am

Oh you sonuva.........
Just wait 15 levels... he'll slow down a ton by then.

Sadly, I speak from experience on that one. :(

Dan

#110 Postby Dan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:15 am

Technically not today, but yesterday... I learned not only how to turn a knight build merc into a viable leveling machine without requiring plvls, I learned it's capable of giant hunting without help quite well in the early stages of the game.
Do elaborate.
Push sta to ~60, then start pushing str hard until it's at least 50.

First, max out keenwheel, and take that opening strike (forgot what it's called off the top of my head) to no less than 10. Then, start pushing your masteries until they're maxed. After that, if you're sitting on a ton of cards, max empower weapon. Otherwise, just go ahead and max out that opening strike to the combo.

Use a two skill combo: the opening strike for keenwheel, then keenwheel.
Hotkey that opening strike for when your action slot is depleted. It'll give you offense while you're waiting for your action slot to recharge.

Oh, and one more thing: bring either star candies, ice cream cakes, steamed seafood, or meat salads for giants. You'll need them for rage mode. Otherwise, on-level food will do just fine.

I started gianting solo at level 28 on the giant mia with this strategy. Just watch out for the skill locks... those can be annoying to deal with.

Oh, and I'd also recommend fighting within 3-4 levels of yourself until about level 40. Otherwise, expect long, drawn out fights with lots of fp pot chugging... then again, you'll be chugging fp pots anyway. But your killing efficiency will drop considerably if you go outside of that range.

Currently, my knight-build merc is about to test the giant jack the hammer. It can already rip through the giant red mantis with ease.
I got my STA up to 40 and just added STR all the way. When I become a knight, I'll add STR until level 70 then start adding STA. And to buttress my low HP and defense, I'll just max out Guard and fight smaller mobs until I can put defense upgrades on my armor. I had a STA-build knight and somebody with this build outleveled me. And she only played for about 2 hours a day compared to my 4-6 hours (not counting weekends). She even took 15 antiqueries at a time whereas if I took even less than half at the same level it would be pushing for death.

And you say I'm STARTING to slow down? Oh I've slowed down already, my friend! At level 75, I'll probably have to give up on mushies and if I have to fight watankgas, there's gonna be big trouble seeing how much they crit......

Edit: I'm not sure if I'll even be playing past level 85 (less I want to get a SERIOUSLY powerful Asaal), but if I do, I'll be in the mines. So that may alleviate things a bit.

And I get past skill-locks by mashing the "C" key. But to be honest with you, they should've fixed this a long time ago.....

Jlyons

#111 Postby Jlyons » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:25 am

I got my STA up to 40 and just added STR all the way. When I become a knight, I'll add STR until level 70 then start adding STA. And to buttress my low HP and defense, I'll just max out Guard and fight smaller mobs until I can put defense upgrades on my armor.
Capping it at 60 early on was merely for gianting purposes. 40 sta would be more than sufficient for non-gianting.
And you say I'm STARTING to slow down? Oh I've slowed down already, my friend! At level 75, I'll probably have to give up on mushies and if I have to fight watankgas, there's gonna be big trouble seeing how much they crit......

Edit: I'm not sure if I'll even be playing past level 85 (less I want to get a SERIOUSLY powerful Asaal), but if I do, I'll be in the mines. So that may alleviate things a bit.
At 75? My ele stayed there until level 80. Even if it is less exp, it beats the watangka spawn, hands-down.

Consider moving to the iren spawn before the watangka spawn. Usually, no one bothers it, so you could potentially aoe that entire spawn without interference. Just don't forget to re-element.

Krazybones

#112 Postby Krazybones » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:26 am

I got 10% in 30 min on my Ranger *.*

Dan

#113 Postby Dan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:29 am

Actually I don't AoE. I was referring to my billposter. My merc is still level 51 because at that level, I can never find a partner.

And with my old knight (which I don't have anymore) I stayed there until about level 78 or so, switching between mushies and watankgas. I even did irens a few times.

Jlyons

#114 Postby Jlyons » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:34 am

Actually I don't AoE. I was referring to my billposter. My merc is still level 51 because at that level, I can never find a partner.
Level 51, you say? If that merc is on Mushpoie, I have a couple of characters that could be an exp leech for you.

Dan

#115 Postby Dan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:18 am

Yup. On mushpoie alright.

On topic: Pop Tarts.

Krazybones

#116 Postby Krazybones » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:28 pm

I LOVE poptarts, and getting my 7 hours for NJHS was awesome today *.*

Echo
Administrator
Administrator

#117 Postby Echo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm

*.*

Image Image
Last edited by Echo on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Dan

#118 Postby Dan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:09 pm

KNIGHT!!!! :D

SparDanger
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention

#119 Postby SparDanger » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm

KNIGHT!!!! :D
Gratz! :D *.*