What pissed you off today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Ultimarad
Site Animator

Re: What pissed you off today?

#706 Postby Ultimarad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 am

Civilisation 4 randomly crashing my computer forcing me to redo about 200 turns. Q_Q

Needless to say I've learned to save a lot more often.

Pokota
Post Mastah General

#707 Postby Pokota » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:20 am

(Big Inhale)
Let me set this up.

About a year and a half back, my younger brother and I buy a GameCube. Add in an AV and Power cord, a second controller, a 16MB save card, and Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Then I (me, not my brother) buy: 1 Wireless and 1 standard controller, Paper Mario 2, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Mega Collection, Zelda Collectors Edition, Wind Waker, Megaman 10th Anniversery, Megaman X Collection, and Twilight Princess.

Game Cube now costs $29.99 refurbished.
Controllers all together cost us $40.
The Save Card cost us $15.
SSBM now costs $34.99
Paper Mario 2 costs $19.99
Sonic Gems costs $12.99
Sonic Mega costs $9.99 (WTF?)
Zelda Collectors Edition costs $34.99
Wind Waker cost me $30 last week.
Yesterday, I bought the last three games on that list for about $60.

That's $288 by my count.

Where does my blood pressure come in to this?

This morning, my sister and my brother were arguing over her playing it up in my room or down here in the living room. This is normally not a problem, except that this time my sister tried to bring it downstairs by herself. One loud thump later, we're all compromising so that if my brother wants the livingroom television, we turn off the games.

So, I'm hooking the gamecube up for my sister to play it, and it will not read the fucking disk for Twilight Princess. Needless to say, I was pissed. We try Melee, but it's no good.

I don't know if the system is damaged or if it's just some fucking bad luck.

I'm really glad I'm not suicidal.
Let's all play Pokemon Crystal!
------
At the base of Mimir’s Well, at the foot of the World Tree Yggdrasil, there can be found an eye that had been removed from it’s owner’s face.

“Gross.” commented Fletcher.

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#708 Postby Dan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Galanet's hypocrisy.

They tell so many bald-faced lies just to keep their appearance up....
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Jlyons

#709 Postby Jlyons » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Galanet's hypocrisy.

They tell so many bald-faced lies just to keep their appearance up....
Alright, what lie did they tell this time? :/

Dan

#710 Postby Dan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:40 am

Alright, what lie did they tell this time? :/
It's really this simple folks:

If you see anyone making any kind of racist remark. Report them. We obviously can't look at every single converstation on every server at the same time. Take a screenshot and send it in.

Racism is not tolerated. At all.
I reported about 7 people for this over about a year and they didn't do squat. And why is TayyZonday still FULLSHOUTING on S1 after I reported him 3 weeks ago? And yes, it was an attack directed specifically AT ME! I'd post the screenshots, but I don't believe Spar would allow them.

He also claimed he said that same word against a GM and they just banned him for 5 days, which I'm REALLY starting to believe is true.

Ultimarad
Site Animator

#711 Postby Ultimarad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:16 am

I'd post the screenshots, but I don't believe Spar would allow them.
Spar hasn't been on in days except as Goku, and then only posted a picture of boobs. Think it's allowed.

Jlyons

#712 Postby Jlyons » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 am

I reported about 7 people for this over about a year and they didn't do squat.
Considering there's a rule on AFK shouting, yet they don't do anything about it... yeah, I believe that. In fairness though, Flyff is so massively undermanned in terms of GMs that they're kinda doing this to themselves.
He also claimed he said that same word against a GM and they just banned him for 5 days, which I'm REALLY starting to believe is true.
That sounds like a ramped up second warning combo of bypassing the profanity filter and harassing the staff punishment. Both are 3 days separately, so he actually got MORE of a punishment than what the rules listed on the site dictated... since he got caught first-hand by a GM, that is.

Dan

#713 Postby Dan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 am

Oh, I forgot to mention something: I got an email saying something would be done. Nothing was done.

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#714 Postby Damasca Ramza » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention something: I got an email saying something would be done. Nothing was done.
Yeah I know! Ages ago I reported a Merc and RM who were flaming me at the Totemias back when I fought Totemias just for asking the Merc to join the Guild. (Thank god he didn't)

I got proof and everything as well (Don't have it now) and the GMs did squat, I once ran into the RM, but I doubt he remembered me.

Jly was on at the time and I told Jly, not sure if he remembers though.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Jlyons

#715 Postby Jlyons » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Jly was on at the time and I told Jly, not sure if he remembers though.
I actually do remember. I confronted him on it. He didn't care. He's not worth any more of our time as it is.

I have my own horror story with harassment, but I'm not going to take the derail that far. Instead, here's a new one: Two years ago, I could see ok, but not great, from a distance. Now, I can't even read the 3rd line on the E chart at 10 feet without glasses. <.< At least my short-distance seeing is still nearly razor sharp.

Dan

#716 Postby Dan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Jlyons

#717 Postby Jlyons » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:47 pm

[ devil's advocate ]Based on those screenies, it looks like the GMs thought you baited him.[/ devil's advocate ]

I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but based on Gpotato's track record, it seems like that's how they ruled on your complaint.

Dan

#718 Postby Dan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 pm

Whether I got flamed or not is not what's upsetting me here, nor is it the issue. This is(both):

If you see anyone making any kind of racist remark. Report them. We obviously can't look at every single converstation on every server at the same time. Take a screenshot and send it in.

Racism is not tolerated. At all.
Whether I baited him or not, racism is not tolerated at all according to Sl0th. So if its NOT TOLERATED AT ALL, why is he still there!?

Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#719 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 am

It TOTALLY didn't look like you baited the @sshole.
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#720 Postby Damasca Ramza » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 pm

My <BEEP>ing sister forcing me around when she's here, today she's yelled at me numerous times, hit me for looking at a video game shop when she was getting socks for my cousin before we went birthday shopping, then this afternoon she made me go down to the shops to replace a packet of chips I ate, which I did and then I go into my room and it turns out my laptop was gone, I asked mum if she took it and mum said she didn't do anything and said to ask my sister and I said "Yeah, probably her" and then it turns out my sister took it because according to her, I didn't clean my room, which I fucking did, I go to take it cause my room's clean she says "Put it down until you clean your room" and I said "It is clean" and then she says "Put it down" so I yelled "FINE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" and then I walked off to my room and I yell "I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" and then mum started yelling at her and then checked up on me and then she went out.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

Return to “Hangout”