What pissed you off today?

Come in and chat! But, be sure to follow the rules!
:bulletgreen:Newcomers are welcomed in this topic.
Xiaotsu
Over 2000 posts?! NO WAI!

Re: What pissed you off today?

#811 Postby Xiaotsu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 am

HACKERS ON FLYFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Either that or Aeonsoft is ****ing around with the servers.
I heard some hackers got into the system itself and were "spawning items". Even said they were hacking the hero/master accounts, draining them of their items, and then deleting them all.

I expect a rollback to occour and I will NOT BE PLEASED To sign back in and find my 900mil worth of stuff gone.
Oh so Aeonsoft ISN'T ****ing around with the servers. But why the mushpoie server? I also expect a rollback because if I don't get my rollback, I'll uninstall Flyff, damnit!
There WILL be a rollback. Should hopefully be only max of a day. I swear, if its anything more than a day, Im going to start trouble with those people we call our "GM"'s. These things should be ****ing anticipated.

We won't be on Flyff for another day - half a day to some people in the USA. I gotta try and keep myself calm until then...

Dan
Addicted to Chibi's Hangout

#812 Postby Dan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:26 am

We deserve a 5x exp week for this...
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Xiaotsu

#813 Postby Xiaotsu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am

I think so too.

These are the items of mine potentially in danger of losing;

Dretra+8 +9 Electric - awakens: +50 HP, +150 HP, +5 Attack
Dretra+8 +9 Electric - awakens: +10 STR, -3% DMMT, +3% Attack Speed
Shy Dragon CS pet
Cat Ears (M)
Spy Hat (M)
Einy Set+5, Suit with awakens: +20 Attack, +1 STA, +3% ADCH, Piercing of +4% Attack
Angel Sword+3 - awakens: +1 DEX, +3% ADCH
Angel Sword

...Anyone else got anything valuble they could potentially lose?

TheDarkPawn
Is awesome!!!

#814 Postby TheDarkPawn » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Im also very unsettled about this, there WILL be a roll back but be it 1 day 2 or possiby 3 days i dont know, but it will possibly break me or wont affect me at all. Only time will tell. :?

I will probably only lose 15~40m if im LUCKY i wont lose anything, and if im unlucky i will probably lose close to 1b
Last edited by TheDarkPawn on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jlyons

#815 Postby Jlyons » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 am

Not nearly as valuable as that stuff, but perhaps stuff that's rarer: statted shabel helmet and boots +5 to go with my statted shabel suit. They should be ok, since I'm not expecting the rollback to go beyond a day, but... the way the announcement reads, I'm not sure anymore as to what will happen.

The longer the maintenance lasts, the more I worry about what we'll end up losing here.

And if my progress in making money by selling aibatt boxes (ie, I CAN HAS MONI NAU?) has been shot, Jly will not be happy. <.<

Damasca Ramza
Dark Lord of Pepsi
Location: The following location is brought to you by a man on a shark fighting a werepire.

#816 Postby Damasca Ramza » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 pm

If you could log in, I'd suggest you send them to me on a mule FlyFF account, even if you DO get hacked, you won't lose your stuff.

Well, that's how it'd look if I could log in.
Let us finish this! It is the path of your choosing!

TheDarkPawn
Is awesome!!!

#817 Postby TheDarkPawn » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:18 pm

That would actually be the worse thing to do, sending things through the mail when a roll back occurs i belive youll lose the item. Just put your stuff in the bank if you can even log in, which i doubt you can. :/

Ryan Boss Stevens
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#818 Postby Ryan Boss Stevens » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I'm afraid of losing my cheap Ahes Set that I got for less than 3 mil total. I upgraded it myself up to +3 each.
"No matter how strong you are, Allies make you stronger" Commander Shepard, Mass Effect.
It's easier and more fun to share our griefs than our happiness. Maybe we think somebody out there has a solution to our problems or we share it because we can't take them on alone. Either way, I believe that no matter who you are there will always be somebody there to support you if you know where to look. </tangent>

dark9dragon
Banned
Banned

#819 Postby dark9dragon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 pm

ill probally get roll back n my items will be gone were only be 2azria tickets
and like 5 lvls -.-

if life a bitch, u better make everyday ur wife

u only have one life u better live it up

Supersonia
Melituri Roleplayer
Melituri Roleplayer

#820 Postby Supersonia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 pm

A flyff hacker!? NOES!
I don't want to lose my baby aibatt! SQUISHIE! DON'T LEAVE ME!

On topic: argument between me and the referee at today's game, they forced me to leave the court after that argument. :feh:
:P

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#821 Postby Hari » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:05 pm

What a great time for me to want to come back to FlyFF :(. (Good thing my computer isn't working right now)

Xiaotsu

#822 Postby Xiaotsu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Sonia, you won't loose Squishie. That happened a while ago now, I think you're safe.

I just really don't wanna loose my Dretras or my Einy. Those are the items I NEED to carry on with. And If I end up with none of the items I stated AND without the money, then...don't expect me to play for a while. If I completely go against that it'll be a miracle that made it happen.

Jlyons

#823 Postby Jlyons » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:52 pm

At this point, if I was a betting man, I'd bet that the rollback will be somewhere in the 12-24 hour range from when the early maintenance began. For some reason, I recall one of their GMs mentioning that they make daily backups of all character info and such, and if that is the case, and assuming that the backup system uses different hardware than the hardware that failed on Mushie, there won't be too much of a loss here.

Also, expect another exp weekend, probably coupled with some sort of drop event. My best guess on that would be a 2x exp weekend and an extension of the aibatt box event for a short time.
I'm afraid of losing my cheap Ahes Set that I got for less than 3 mil total. I upgraded it myself up to +3 each.
Actually, that price is about on target for Ahes. Most will sell the suit for 2-3m, and the other parts come at 50-100k a pop. If you do lose it though, I still have a full Ahes set (at least, I think it's still the full set) I'm dying to get rid of, and I'd be willing to sell it at a cut rate.

Sorry, had to derail there in an attempt to halt the panic. Carry on. :)

Hari
OHR Game maker
OHR Game maker

#824 Postby Hari » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Not being able to get on the computer til now. Though this is my parents computer, so I shouldn't get mad too much. I wish my computer would be fixed by now :( v.v

Dan

#825 Postby Dan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 pm

If my stuff is gone, I'm losing:

Angel Knuckle+8+7 fire, DEF+100 awakening
Guardian Knuckle+8+6 Earth
Rody Set+3+12% (with reductions I bought myself).
Legendary Golden Knuckle+6
Historic Big Sword+6 Awakened with +15% attack speed
Recorn Suit+3 awakened with +9% attack speed.

So if that's gone, flyff is finished for me. That's not only my most valuable stuff, but, at the moment, its what makes my favorite chars worth playing.

On topic: On top of having an exam AND having to sit through oral presentations, I found out I had an assignment due today....about 2 minutes after class started. So my weekend didn't start for another hour. -.-
"Never stray close to an attacking predator. You become...competition."

Return to “Hangout”